What kind of weather are you leaving??

Thatmom

Hi,

We leave wed, to head to Orlando. We will relax and see some sites before we climb on our ship the Glory!!

Right now it hasn't stopped raining here in Washington for two days. The forcast is rain,rain,rain, so you can bet 86 in Orlando will be like heaven.

Leaving the rain to head to the sun makes the trip even a little better.

So I was wondering what's your weather going to be like when you leave??

happy sailing,

carla

Caz,

I had never thought about going on a cruise to cool down.LOL. I'm always looking for better weather and for us here in Washington that means hotter. Like I said never thought about cooling down.

happy sailing,

carla

Hi Carla,

lol I hadnt thought of it that way either till just now.

Nothing like bringing in the guniea pig and rabbit into the house so they can have air conditioning. :D I dont do that but my friend does. I live the ac on for the dog.

Caz

It's 41 right now in Cleveland. I won't be surprised at all if we've had our first snow before I leave in 2 weeks for the Mexican Riviera! When we got of the plane from our last cruise (1st week of October) it was snowing!

Hi Chay,

We don't get very much snow in my part of Washington, so we love it. It helps we don't have to drive in it and we have most of our family living real close. So we build a big fire and bring the hot cocoa and hot dogs and we play and have a ball. We have four wheelers and we pull the kids on tubes in a big circle.

I will admit lots of my friends don't think it's quite as nice as we do!!!

But if given a choice of leaving at that time and going on a Cruise well all I can say is BYE BYE I'm out of here!!!

happy sailing,

carla

We definitely enjoy the first couple of months of snow....tubing, building snowmen and of course Christmas! After that, the temperatures really drop and it's too cold to enjoy unless your inside looking out while drinking your hot chocolate! I think my kids only had 1 snow day last year, and that was because of the temperature/wind chill, not the snow. I'm a transplanted "Southerner" still trying to adjust after 8 years! I will say the driving is much easier in a city prepared....than a city that doesn't get much snow!

Hey chay we're almost neighbors. I thought I was pretty safe booking a flite in early Nov, that we wouldn't get hit with snowy weather, but after the hail & wind yesterday I guess the crappy weather can hit any time. Here's hoping that all the fog, wind, hail, snow & sleet will hold up for my trip on Nov 4th. When are you sailing?

It's hard to tell what the weather will do in KC this time of year. We leave in just under two weeks, but next week is going to have highs in the 60's and 70's so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we don't get a sudden cold front with snow and ice the following week! :eek:

luv2play2, things should be a bit warmer for you here on Thursday. Low's Wednesday night in the 50's with a 40% chance of rain on Thursday. :)

Carla,

And please don't let people know that prior to the 2 days of rain, we had a week of sun and near 70 a couple of those days...LOL! We want them to think it rains all the time. Still haven't turned the heat on yet......

Carla,

And please don't let people know that prior to the 2 days of rain, we had a week of sun and near 70 a couple of those days...LOL! We want them to think it rains all the time. Still haven't turned the heat on yet......

Hi,

I seems like its been raining forever again. I think our well kept secret is out. I live in a little town called Hobart, and have been here 30 years. I can't believe all the people who are out here now. We now have traffic...Some times I can't find parking at my little old Hobart store. I want to go inside and say unless you have lived out here at least 20 years get out.lol

happy sailing,

Carla

We woke up tp snow covered yards this morning. Temperature - 6 Celcius, That's about 14 F, I think. Below freezing for sure in either system. Edmonton (180 mile north) had 15 cm (6 in) of wet snow yesterday. They are shovelling. This is about 2 weeks early. Where's that glabal warming happening?

I'm cozied up reading A Trip to the Beach by Melinda and Robert Blanchard. They moved to Anguilla and built a restaurant. Now there a plan! Maybe I'll try some of their rum punch recipe to help me get into the mood.

Hopefully, by the time I leave, October 29, this snow will be a bad memory.

Bon voyage everybody.

It's currently 85 degrees without a cloud in the sky here in north Florida.

Hi,

I'll take it. I can't believe in just a couple of days we will be staying at the Holiday Inn family suites. Then off to our Ship next Sat.

We are staying at the Hotel so we can check it out for a big family trip next year. This will be a ten day do Disney with all the kids. Ages from 10months to 39. All my sister and brothers kids and grandkids too.

I love Disney everything. last year we did the Disney cruise. My grandson thinks a cruise sounds better than a land trip. I have him hooked. He is 12.

But we can't afford to take everyone on a cruise so I'll take him again some other time.

happy sailing,

Carla

Hard To Say...Texas Januaries can vary from being cold to downright mild. We've had hard freezes and temperatures in the 20s for several days some eyars, although most of the time it only goes below freezing at nights if it does it at all.

What inspires me to head to the Caribbean in January isn't the weather--it's the infernal pollinating cedar trees! The cedar tree pollen can make my life a torment while the trees are pollinating.

We are staying at the Hotel so we can check it out for a big family trip next year. This will be a ten day do Disney with all the kids.

Sounds fun! I'm about a 4-hour drive from Walt Disney World. In fact, last week my wife and I took a 3-day weekend and spent it down there. Much of our time was spent lounging by the pool at Port Orleans, but we also managed to squeeze in a visit to Animal Kingdom and the Magic Kingdom to catch some rides and shows.

I live in Quebec City, Canada and my first cruise was in December. We had snow on the ground when I left and, while I was cruising (Florida, Bahamas), they got the biggest snow storm of the year at home! What a great time to be on a cruise ship!

It will probably be very cold when we leave Nebraska this January for our Triumph cruise. We actually are flying out of Kansas City the day before our cruise.... nervous about what the weather between Omaha and KC will be like that day.... good thing we have a 4x4... but it does you no good if there is so much snow they close the interstate down....:eek: Hopefully we will not have any problems on this cruise.... had our share of problems on the last one... we don't need anymore. :p

Can't wait for the warm weather in the caribbean! :cool:

Michigan checking in. Right now it's 48 with wind gusts 16 to 23 mph. Haven't heard any forcasts for snow yet but we always say "if you don't like the weather in Michigan, wait five minutes and it will change". Looking forward to high 80s in the Carribean in two weeks.

Archived