Air Deviation Charged to wrong person

travelfirst

I am going on a cruise with a friend in November. When we received our flight times in April we were told we would each have a deviation charge of $75.00.

I did not receive a charge on my credit card but Oceania put a charge on my friends card for $150.00.

I called the travel agent twice now and the charge has still not been reversed.

Each time she has called Oceania they tell her it will get changed.

It has been three months now which seems to me to be a long time to fix an error on their part.

It will soon be time for final payment and I am wondering if they will charge one of us for the entire amount.

They charged each one of us separately for the down payment.

I always travel with different friends and I have never had this happen before.

Has anyone else ever had this happen?

Did you split the deposit for the cruise or pay with one card? For many of us who are couples traveling we would put everything on one card anyway. At this point it would be easier to pay the friend the $75 and move on. The TA should keep pushing until its made right, but it seems to me that at this point it would be easier to just pay the friend that amount since it is such a small amount.

I could have paid her but the travel agent said it was in the works.

I didn't think it would take them this long.

They have both our credit card numbers that we paid our deposits on so I don't know why they would put it on one card now.

I would think a company like Oceania would have qualified people in their accounting department and should be able to fix a mistake in less than three months whether it be a small or large amount.

I know it is a small amount but I just wondered if anyone had errors with large amounts.

Hi,

I just had the same thing happen. Our friend who is travelling on the same cruise booked several weeks after us. We used our credit card for their deposit for the cruise. Two weeks later we completed the air deviation. Oceania actually called us to ask how we would like to have it paid and I said to put the full charge ($75.00 air deviation fee and $150 extra air costs) put through on our friends card and gave he called and gave them that number. We were a bit surprised to find out later that $75.00 had been charged to our card, $75.00 had been charged to our friends card and Oceania said that we still had a balance owing of $75.00. Oceania reservations were baffled by this but did have it cleared up quickly and a credit appeared on our card within 3 weeks.

I am going on a cruise with a friend in November. When we received our flight times in April we were told we would each have a deviation charge of $75.00.

I did not receive a charge on my credit card but Oceania put a charge on my friends card for $150.00.

travelfirst-

We run into this kind of thing all the time, but it's odd that a travel agent

has not chimed in here, yet.

You never mentioned it in your posts, however, we'd be willing to bet that you and your friend wanted to be on the same planes (perhaps in adjoining seats) when flying to and from the cruise. Are we correct?

If that is the case, then Oceania had to list you on the same Airline "Record Locator", when they booked your Airline Reservations

This means that, as far as the Airlines are concerned, your reservations are comingled into a single airline record.

This is a good thing, in the long run, because it means that the airline will know that you and your friend are travelling together. They won't treat you as two "single" travelers.

If it was booked that way, trust us, leave it that way and just give your friend the money.

Oceania Cruises will not work with guests directly that are booked through a TA where money matters are involved. Although I do not know the entire situation or the TA you are booked with it seems to me that the TA needs to be more assertive with the cruise line and not let up until the refund has been processed and the correct card has been charged. That's all part of being a good TA.

Rickey Cruz

• 3 weeks later...

I called the travel agent again on Monday. She said it would be straightened out at final payment.

I told her I wanted it fixed now as I like to have my payments on my credit card in case anything goes wrong when I am travelling, so she said she would call Oceania, she hadn't thought of that.....

She called me back and said it would be fixed by Monday.

I checked my credit card today and the charge is on there.

Oceania had changed it on Monday, the day the travel agent had called.

I think she had forgot to call them.

I called the travel agent again on Monday. She said it would be straightened out at final payment.

I checked my credit card today and the charge is on there.

Oceania had changed it on Monday, the day the travel agent had called.

I think she had forgot to call them.

So did the TA call O when you first complained or just blew you off till now?

I called and asked her to change it in April and I called again in May to see when it would be changed and she said Oceania told her it would take awhile.

I called a couple of weeks ago and she was on holidays so I e-mailed but never had a reply when she did go back to work.

It seems strange that she called on Monday and Oceania changed it the same day now...

Thats why I wondered if she had even called them before.

It seems strange that she called on Monday and Oceania changed it the same day now...

Thats why I wondered if she had even called them before.

It is puzzling!!

We had to cancel a couple of cruises & my deposit was always credited back within the week.

As a TA, I would not have allowed this situation to drag on since April. I would have been on the phone every day with the cruise line until the refund had been properly processed and the correct card charged.

Again I do not know all of the details of this particular case and can not make any judgements. It's just how I see it as a TA.

Rickey Cruz

Archived