between decks on pd

when i was on the pacific sun you could not just walk up the stairs to the next level and walk forward to aft of the ship you had to go down or up if you know what i mean. on the pacific dawn can you actually walk from the back of the ship to the front on each level or is it the same as the pacific sun thanks guys regards aussiescouser:D

Not sure what you mean as I have not been on Pacific Sun.

On PD there are 3 stairwells with lifts - only the for'd one goes to all decks.

Aft there are decks from Dolphin deck 8 & you can go up stairs to the next untill you reach Sun deck 14.

The only deck you can go from aft to for'd with decks at both ends is

Baja deck 10. The secret deck access is stbd. alleyway only & it is locked at night & in bad weather during the day.

You can get along the corridors on all the decks from 5 to 14 except deck 7 aft - which is the dinning room.

Get a brochure from a TA or download the decks from P&O site.

You will not get so lost if you study the deck plans before you go.

Remember - even numbers are port & odd numbers starboard.

when i was on the pacific sun you could not just walk up the stairs to the next level and walk forward to aft of the ship you had to go down or up if you know what i mean. on the pacific dawn can you actually walk from the back of the ship to the front on each level or is it the same as the pacific sun thanks guys regards aussiescouser:D

I don't know if I am undertanding correctly. On the Pacific Sun there is only one level that you cannot walk from one end of the ship to the other. That is deck 8 where the restaurants are.:):)

Its a lot easier to get from front to back on all floors than the PS but I like the odd stairs on the PS. Espessially the secret staircase, and getting a bit lost after a few drinks and trying to find the right dinning room!

The odd layout made it more fun and seemed to seperate certain passengers.(smokers and non smokers if you will)

I am sure some who ate at the main dinning room never ventured toward the rear at night which made the kareoke and nightclub not too crowded and lots of fun, unlike the Dome which turns from wedding party to doof doof with no in between.

Den

Ela 2, I thought for sure that this was one thread that would have you stumped, and you wouldn't be able to post an answer. :p :p :) :)

Hi Jen,

Evon is amazing how she shares her wealth of knowledge on travel with everyone, we are so lucky.

Her book is one of my favourite reads, it even has stuff in there about places close to where I live that I wasn't even aware of.

Glenda:)

Remember - even numbers are port & odd numbers starboard.

And the cabin numbers are smaller at the bow. If you are walking the corridor and the numbers are going down, you are heading to the pointy end.

Hi Jen,

Evon is amazing how she shares her wealth of knowledge on travel with everyone, we are so lucky.

Her book is one of my favourite reads, it even has stuff in there about places close to where I live that I wasn't even aware of.

There are many posters on these boards who have been members of cc for years and giving a wealth of information so its nothing new its what happens on here

There are many posters on these boards who have been members of cc for years and giving a wealth of information so its nothing new its what happens on here

Umm yes I agree, that's why CC is so wonderful. Many people with a life time of travel knowledge sharing it with all who ask.

Hi Jen,

I wouldn't say we were lucky, Glenda. That sounds as if Ela 2 is better than the rest of us. ;) Sounds like a bit of sucking up going on there. :D :D :D

Thats one of the best things about these boards. We all share our wealth of knowledge on travel, and a lot of us have consistantly and generously shared it on these boards over and over again for quite a few years now.

Including mountains of info on shore tours, alcohol on board, shorts in the dining room, (a personal favourite for some of us :D ), formal night attire, snorkelling, tipping, which island is the best, theme nights, sea sickness remedies, what to pack, and so on.........Thats part of the fun.

I really like reading threads from new cruisers who have come back from their first cruise. They are so buzzy with the newly discovered love of cruising and add their own bits and pieces.

Hi Jen,

Thanks Glenda!!! Because of your comment, I just worked out that I have Evon's book! Bought it at the Caravan & Camping show in Brisbane last year ... she's even signed it (Thanks Evon!) --- didn't know I had met you before when we met (again) on Pacific Sun in March!!!:D:D

So sorry to be off topic ... but just made the connection!!! (Great book by the way Evon!)

These challenges seem easy compared to finding the Wake View Bar I just spotted on the Diamond Princess deck plans.

No point finding it Geoff if it is like the sapphire princess. No one was ever down there...Guess they couldnt find it also.

It is at the rear of the night club place (cant recall the name but where they did the theme nights and bingo). Walk across the dance floor and it is towards the right and down the stairs.

checked it out and is is club fusion, which we and several others nicknamed "confusion" because the club is hard to find as well. No chance with the wake view bar

Yes Karon,

Is down the spiral stairs from Club Fusion, behind the International dining room. I was looking at how we needed to access the International dining room (Aft elevator only) for our fixed dining, and thought - What a funny place to put a bar. Will be happy to have it to ourselves (and the other CCers onboard)

I dont think you can get to it through the dining room only that spiral staircase on the dancefloor. There was always a barman down there when we went and yes will be a nice away place for a group to hide

Hi Jen,

Evon,

What is the book name and what is it about?

How much are the signed copies?

I wouldn't say we were lucky, Glenda. That sounds as if Ela 2 is better than the rest of us. ;) Sounds like a bit of sucking up going on there. :D :D :D

Thats one of the best things about these boards. We all share our wealth of knowledge on travel, and a lot of us have consistantly and generously shared it on these boards over and over again for quite a few years now.

Including mountains of info on shore tours, alcohol on board, shorts in the dining room, (a personal favourite for some of us :D ), formal night attire, snorkelling, tipping, which island is the best, theme nights, sea sickness remedies, what to pack, and so on.........Thats part of the fun.

I really like reading threads from new cruisers who have come back from their first cruise. They are so buzzy with the newly discovered love of cruising and add their own bits and pieces.

Umm, I am a little confused, I think everyone is wonderful sharing there knowledge on CC. Reading reviews etc, it's great.

I have Evons Book and I love it, I picked it up at a travel show and have friends who have arrived in Australia and have been able to help them with the information in the book.

If I want to know something about cruises I ask right here and have had many wonderful replies, Evon's included which I am very appreciative of.

I don't know if I am undertanding correctly. On the Pacific Sun there is only one level that you cannot walk from one end of the ship to the other. That is deck 8 where the restaurants are.:):)

That is correct Evon and I've read many times on these boards that people find that very confusing. I honestly can't see why:confused:

That is correct Evon and I've read many times on these boards that people find that very confusing. I honestly can't see why:confused:

I didn't find it confusing, but I did find it annoying!! Still, it was a good way to get excercise!

I had a big problem with direction the first time we went on Pacific Sun. Because we were in an inside cabin, I didn't have a visual reference of the direction we were going. I think everytime I left the cabin, I went in the opposite direction to the one that would take me where I intended to go.

Evon,

What is the book name and what is it about?

How much are the signed copies?

Hi Geoff,

Glenda is referring to the travel guide book 'Around Australia'. You can check it out on my publisher's website - Hema Maps. I am happy to sell it at 'mates rates' - just email me on peterandevon at bigpond dot com :):)

Evon.

Archived