Hopefully the ultimate Aft thread with Pictures (vent, and beams)

flvol77

Thanks for taking the time to do this. It really is great.

Just wanted to point out that in post #2, you have an error.....that is not C752.

I just checked the pictures off of web shots and it says c752 on the Crown Princess. Remember the crown and the Caribbean are different....Maybe web shots is incorrect? :confused:

I just checked the pictures off of web shots and it says c752 on the Crown Princess. Remember the crown and the Caribbean are different....Maybe web shots is incorrect? :confused:

Yes, C752 on the Crown is the same as C752 on the CB, it is a BB category not a suite.:)

Yes, C752 on the Crown is the same as C752 on the CB, it is a BB category not a suite.:)

You are correct - guess I should have look at my picture of the back of the crown 50 and 51 are suites and 52 is a BB balcony

I will make the changes post #2 and re post - thanks for catching my mistake.

Hi,

I am currently booked in room #B748 on the Caribbean Princess. I would appreciate any comments. Thanks

We were on the Caribbean this past May and June in B749, the mirror image of your cabin. You are going to love it.....trust me. After we had this cabin in May we knew we could never go back!

We'll be on the Crown this Nov and yup, you guessed it, we booked B749! The Princess rep joked and said they were going re-name the room for us. Funny!

We found it VERY quiet and peaceful. A wonderful plac to be on crowded sea days, your own little peace of the ship!

Enjoy, I know you will!

• 2 weeks later...
I have noticed numerous threads about the Aft of the Grand Class ships; I was bored and wanted to put together a reference guide for the Crown, Emerald and Ruby Ships. Feel free to add to it. I am visual person so I hope this helps all out there that are looking to book an aft balcony of some kind

Pictured below is the Crown Princess

CROWNPRINCESSI.jpg?t=1215974952

flvol77, thanks so much for taking the time to create this photo and posting it. It was great to see. I just booked our january 09 cruise on the crown and I thought id try an aft cabin. I was unsure about what kind of use Id have of the balcony. I booked baja 749 before seing this picture. I was concerned once I started hearing about all those beams. Now thanks to your hard work, I see I made the right choice. I cant wait to be sitting out on my "beam free balcony" with a cocktail in hand!

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Caribbean Princess Aug 06-15 sailing. We stayed in aft cabin B753, which has a veranda that is deeper than standard port/starboard verandas (can't compare to suites and other aft verandas except B751 - see below). The beam on this veranda is in the rear right corner, with plenty of room in front of it for a chair. Not in the way at all, and barely visible from inside the cabin. We used the little corner created by the beam to hang our wet swimsuits and such. On the few occasions when the front half of the veranda was in the sun, there was still plenty of room in the rear half to place both chairs and the small table without feeling cramped.

Just before disembarkation, I had an opportunity to go through the open veranda panel to B751 (crew was varnishing the railing and the cabin occupants had already departed). This balcony is almost twice as deep as B753, but the beam is dead center of the veranda. That said, there is enough room for the chairs and small table to be placed in front of the beam. In the area behind the beam, there's enough room for a larger table and a couple more chairs (there weren't any). (In the picture, you can see through the open panel to B753. When the panel is closed, you can access the front half of the B751 veranda from either side of the beam.)

If I were to go back, I'd book B753 over B751, but if my first choice wasn't available, I'd have no problems booking the latter. (Bear in mind that I am someone who spends her entire time on the veranda unless we're in port or the veranda is in full sun.)

Photos attached.

P.S. I met the family that was occupying B755 and B757. She complained that the noise from the vent in B755 made it impossible for them to enjoy either veranda; by her own admission, she is particularly sensitive to noise. From B753, any noise from that vent was drowned out by the sound of the wake, so we were never bothered by the noise. I certainly did not mind the loud wake noise, but for someone who is particularly sensitive to noise, aft cabins may not be a good choice.

CB-Baja-753.jpg.e6d955fc4a075434bf448308f63046be.jpg

CB-Baja-751.jpg.bef99d7c885e98a3cf2c58b368ec66af.jpg

I would like to join the chorus in thanking you for starting this thread and all the hard work.

I have booked C750 on the Crown. It's for our 30th wedding anniversary. I now know I have one of the dreaded beams, but after careful review of all the pictures I really don't think it will be a problem. There will still be plenty of room for my husband and me and I prefer the beam to the vent.

Hello and thanks again for this fabulous thread.

I wanted to add my pics of E732 on the Diamond. We loved listening to and looking at the wake. We went through a pod of whales and it was fabulous to be able to see them for a very long time.

The balcony is very deep which is nice if you are entertaining. We didn't have much sun because of the time of year and direction we were cruising. November from LA/Mexican Riviera. I just went to the end of the balcony in front of the beam and put my lounge chair there :D

We had a beam but it wasn't too bothersome.

Cheers, Denise

71979345.jpg

71979590.jpg

Wow, what tremendous pictures - worth more than a thousand words!!! Our absolutely favorite way to travel is on the aft of a Princess ship :) I've got some pictures from the Golden and Tahitian, but don't know how to post them here. I'd be happy to e-mail them if anyone would like.

Deedee