Princess' new bedding program

Maverick430

I am obsessive about my bed, pillows, sheets, light and whatever. Before we got the mattress we have at home I researched and lay on bunches of mattresses. That being said, the last cruise we had on the Emerald Princess, I slept like a baby. We looked at Tempurpedic mattresses and for some of us whose thermostats tend to run hot, they are not a desirable option. With all my quirks about sleeping, I thought our bed on the Emerald was more than satisfactory.

Ann

Thank you for your post. This is good to hear.

Don't even get us started on what a counterpane is!!!! :p :p

I think a counterpane is what we, in the UK, used to call a 'bedspread' or a 'quilt' or perhaps it is a combination of the two;) - the modern thing, at least over here, is to have a 'throw' on the end of the bed:p

I'm glad we're not the only ones who think the Princess mattresses are terrible! I appreciate all the suggestions on this thread. We always request the additional sheet, since the duvets are so hot. Since we often drive to the port, we usually take along some lightweight cotton covers, which are great for afternoon napping or for use at night when the other covers are too warm. They don't take up much room and I wouldn't travel without them now. I keep hoping that Princess will take a good look at Westin's Heavenly beds. If I wanted to sleep on a rock, I would go camping!

http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review_page2.cfm?ShipID=347#cabins

I was reading the information presented in the above link, and found that princess has put new luxury bedding into the crown princess and now placing it in its entire fleet. I was told the bedding is similar to what Holland America uses. I was wondering if anyone has experienced the new bedding? Sounds really nice.

I can only reply that I was very comfortable on HAL Noordam bed. It was equivalent to a bed at the Double Tree Hotels (which I find very comfortable).

Laura

Can you request an eggcrate mattress before saling? And if you can, how do you order it? And if you order it, does it actually show up?

Thanks in advance.

I am sailing the CB 7/28 and just faxed my request for egg crate topper. You fax to Customer Relations fax # 661-284-4885. Include your name, booking #, voyage #, cabin #, sail date & ship name. From what I've heard it seems to be 50/50 even when faxed in advance ... some have found they were on when they first arrived in their cabin, others have said they had to tell their steward. Happy Cruising! Cathy

Thanks for the information Kathy. I've sent them a fax today. I asked them to confirm to my phone or email address. Do they usually confirm receipt of the request? or is it just wait and see when I get to the cabin?

Thanks.

I have faxed a request for an egg crate for my last 2 cruises, and both times they were not on the bed when we got there. Had to ask for them and the room steward quickly put them on. He said he never got notice of the request.

Think it might be easier just to ask when you get on the ship and meet the room steward.

I found the beds to be very comfortable with the egg crates. Friends traveling with us did not ask for an eggcrate and said they found the beds to be very comfortable without one. Guess it all depends on personal preference.

Thanks for the information Kathy. I've sent them a fax today. I asked them to confirm to my phone or email address. Do they usually confirm receipt of the request? or is it just wait and see when I get to the cabin?

Thanks.

No they don't send you a confirmation. You just wait and see.

The glitch seems to be that often the main office is aware of the request, but the request does not always get to the room steward.

The duvet IS the comforter, the 'pillowcase' is its removeable cover:D

A duvet or continental quilt or doona is a type of bedding. A soft flat bag traditionally filled with down or feathers, or a combination of both and used on a bed as a blanket. Duvets are often used with a comforter as an insert. So it is actually more like a pillow case or maybe a comforter cover but it is not actually a comforter itself. You can leave the Devet filler out if a filler makes it too warm.:)

Archived