Anyone been to La Coruna?

I'm going on a cruise in 7 weeks from Dover to genoa and it will be calling at La Coruna. I don't know anything about this port and I'd love to hear from anyone that has visted it. I usually prefer to wander about rather than do shore excusrsions, so any info you could give me on local transport to the town centre and what is worth seeing, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Seconded - although it's "Santiago de Compostela". This is the top tip if you've never been to La Coruna before.

I've done it twice from La Coruna, both times just renting a car in town and driving myself there. There is an Avis office in the middle of La Coruna, which I think is the most convenient place to do it from.

Look out for posts from CC member keltic, who lives in Santiago.

Thanks very much both of you. Do you know if there is a coach or train as unfortunately I'm not able to drive? Is it far away? Would a taxi be out of the question? thanks

We shared a taxi with another couple. The taxi driver took us there and waited 90 minutes. (To be honest, it was not long enough). He charged 120 euros for 4 of us. We negotiated the price with a driver waiting on the pier.

Do you know if there is a coach or train as unfortunately I'm not able to drive? Is it far away?
You can certainly take a train. It's about 45 minutes to drive, if that gives you an idea of how far it is.

The best thing to do is to search for keltic's posts about how to get to Santiago by train.

Archived