New to Cruising

We are sailing on Granduer of the Seas in a Junior Suite. This is our first of many to come. What tips can you give us? It will be a 25th annv. also. I have loads of questions about everything.

My best advice is to just read these boards. There is a wealth of information.

You can find threads specifically about the Grandeur by using the little search box in the navigation banner at the top of this page.

Click on "search this forum"

put in search term "grandeur"

Hit "go"

You can also research the ports where you will be stopping on the Ports of Call board on CC: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Welcome, and happy reading and cruising! :)

We are sailing on Granduer of the Seas in a Junior Suite. This is our first of many to come. What tips can you give us? It will be a 25th annv. also. I have loads of questions about everything.

:cool: Well the first thing that I can say----you have come to the right place for any questions. Congrats on your cruise. Since it's your 25th Anniv, and since I am going to assume that you may drink some alcoholic beverages, I would start off by having a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries in you cabin as you arrive. This can be done thru RCCL website, gifts and gear. Good way to start cruise. Since I do not know where you are departing from, I do not know how far you have to travel to get there. I like to get there as early as possible. Be at the dock NLT 11:00 to get maximum ship time. You may be on ship by 11:30. May take early flight, and even day before arrival. After boarding, head to Windjammer cafe for lunch. After lunch, drop bags (carryon) at cabin. You luggage will arrive later. Go to dining room, check out table location and see if your seating is correct. HAVE A DRINK AT POOL BAR:cool: Explor ship briefly, head back to room and unpack and await life-jacket drill. DO NOT MISS BEING ON POOL DECK FOR SAILAWAY. If wine drinkers, consider buying a wine package for dinner.:cool: Enjoy your cruise, ask for seconds in dining room if more than one item sounds good. Try different things which you normally would not.

The only tip I have is to NOT overschedule your days--you don't want to go home exhausted! Only do what YOU want to do!

Exactly!!! There is no way to do everything the cruise will have to offer. That's why you book another cruise. To do the things that you didn't have the time or energy to do!!!!

Have a great time:)

Save enough money before this cruise to buy a nextcruise while on board. Its $100 per person and gives you $100 in on board credit when you decide later what cruise to take.

Some are debating the value of this one now, but I didnt get it on my first cruise and wish I had as I've booked 3 more and plans for another 2 since returning home.

Explore the ship the first part of the day.

Make any spa reservations as soon as you board.

Relax. Enjoy.

You did a good thing booking a JS. You will get at least 2 cruise credits for this one and be further on your way to Platinum where the discounts kick in.

Read the reviews of the ship in the reviews section and then remember to take them all with a grain of salt. Everyone complains about things most people wouldnt care themselves about.

As as many questions as you like. The more specific the better.

Archived