clothes left behind!

hottytoddy

I think I already know the answer, but in our efforts to get off of the ship in a hurry (had something we had to get back for) and not getting to do my usual re-check of our room, my son left 2 shirts and my daughter a new hat. I am guessing that is now a donation? We just got back Saturday from a lovely time on the Holiday. I don't suppose they keep any items left in the room for a short time? Just wondering...

Contact the ship and you might get lucky. My nephew left his sunglasses and some other little things and was able to get them shipped back to him.

I just emailed Carnival, but is there another way to contact the ship?

You should have received an emergency number with your documents that can get you directly to the ship.

or..... call Carnival and see if they can help you. Emails aren't going to be answered immediately.

I'd be happily surprised if you get the things back. let us know.

Employees are not allowed to keep things they find left behind. Everything goes off the ship to an area where items are held for a period of time and then donated.

This also includes items that people give to their room stewards that they think the room stewards might like to have.

I think the hold time in Miami is 30 days, but how to find something in that heap is another story. In fact would you really want your things back?

I would like to see if I can get those back. I can wash them. I called Carnival and they will search for 30 days and mail the items, if found, COD. They gave me a reference number to call and check on the status of the file. So, now it is wait and see.

When we boarded the Legend of the Seas on 6/15 - we were placing our bags under the bed and I felt it didn't go in enough. When I look there was a complete carry-on size suitcase already there! It had the sticker with our cabin number so it was certainly from the previous guest. I opened it a little (carefully!) - and it seemed to just have some dirty clothes.

I wanted nothing to do with that. Called the front desk and told them about it. They just told me to place it outside the door and they would pick it up.

Now, I understand that you can leave behind a shirt/hat, or something else...BUT a whole suitcase! These folks must have been in a rush!

I would like to see if I can get those back. I can wash them. I called Carnival and they will search for 30 days and mail the items, if found, COD. They gave me a reference number to call and check on the status of the file. So, now it is wait and see.

You might want to hope that they don't find them. I forsee you being shocked :eek: when you receive the COD bill for 2 shirts and a hat.

I left a pair of shoes on a cruise. I contacted the cruise line the day after we got home, and got the runaround for many weeks. When I finally got someone in authority, she admitted that although they might have been able to find them at first, now they were long gone. Without asking me what the shoes were worth, she offered me a $200 credit for my next cruise. Given that my mother bought the $75 shoes for $17, wore them once, and gave them to me, I thought it was a good deal.

No, I didn't. They didn't ask, and it would have cost $75 to replace them--and they had only been worn once before the cruise. The customer service manager was trying to make up for many unreturned phone calls and broken promises, not just to replace the shoes. I did thank her profusely and say that was more than the shoes were worth.

Archived