Walk from Circular Quay to Wharf 8?

Hi Croydoncruiser,

We are on the 9.15 from avalon getting into Sydney around 10.30am, the bus certainly is a lot cheaper but i want to try and stop at a coles or 7/11 to get some soft drink and snacks to carry on board so i might as well take the taxi, but thanks anyway for the offer.

Marg

ok so is that where one of the two queens was last year in feb?

No - The two Queens were elsewhere. Queen Victoria at OPT - Circular Quay, and QE2 at a Garden Island naval berth. QE2 then moved across to OPT after QV left Sydney. Wharf 8 is on the Western side of the harbour bridge, and none of the Queens can fit under the bridge.

Hi Croydoncruiser,

We are on the 9.15 from avalon getting into Sydney around 10.30am, the bus certainly is a lot cheaper but i want to try and stop at a coles or 7/11 to get some soft drink and snacks to carry on board so i might as well take the taxi, but thanks anyway for the offer.

Marg

Hi Marg,

I wonder if it might work better for you to take the shuttle bus to the terminal and check your luggage in. If check in is open for the cruise, get that over and done with and get an embarkation number. Then you can wander off to a supermarket to get your supplies, unencumbered with luggage. If you travelled by taxi and asked him to stop for you to do your shopping (on way from airport to ship) would he be able to park close to the supermarket? With the shop in the city that could be difficult. In addition, you would be paying waiting time while you were shopping. That would probably cost more than the saving on the goodies you would be buying!!

Have a great cruise.:):)

Very good thinking Ela2.

When you get your embarkation number do you have to be there when your number is called or will they just take the next person? and if we miss our number while shopping can we just then walk up to the desk? not sure how it all works with this being the first cruise.

Thanks Marg

Very good thinking Ela2.

When you get your embarkation number do you have to be there when your number is called or will they just take the next person? and if we miss our number while shopping can we just then walk up to the desk? not sure how it all works with this being the first cruise.

Thanks Marg

Hi Marg,

If you get embarkation number A and when you come back they have called number C, you can just front up. They do not say you have to wait there but suggest you can go away and have a cup of coffee. You won't be holding other people up by not going with the first group. They simply call the next group when the queue gets down.:):)

BLAST!

Thanks for letting me know geoff.....so basically i officially have no idea where i'm going....I'll call on my walking atlas father :D

Can you get hold of a Gregory's road map?

Wharf 8 is on the Eastern side of Darling Harbour, located on Sussex street opposite Napoleon Street.

Gregory's reference is C15 on map 1.

Archived