Cabin Change After Assignment?

robinbtigger

My family of 3 will be on the August 21st Carnival Inspiration and we booked a guarantee 6A OV. Well ... the upgrade fairy did not visit us even though Carnival was offering free upgrades from 6A to 6C new people who booked last week. Unfortunately, we didn't know our assignment until after the "endless summer" promotion was over or I would have tried to get the upgrade. {shrug} We got what we paid for and I won't let it ruin my vacation.

Anyway ... we were assigned a cabin on the Riviera Deck a few cabins behind the aft elevators/stairs. I have read that the middle of the ship is better and when I look on Carnival I see there a few cabins with a top berth about 5-6 cabins behind the middle stairs (R178 for instance). Can I call my travel agent and request a specific cabin at this time? I don't want to pay any more $$ for our cruise. Also, does the upgrade fairy visit even after cabin assignment?

Thanks for all your help!

My family of 3 will be on the August 21st Carnival Inspiration and we booked a guarantee 6A OV. Well ... the upgrade fairy did not visit us even though Carnival was offering free upgrades from 6A to 6C new people who booked last week. Unfortunately, we didn't know our assignment until after the "endless summer" promotion was over or I would have tried to get the upgrade. {shrug} We got what we paid for and I won't let it ruin my vacation.

Anyway ... we were assigned a cabin on the Riviera Deck a few cabins behind the aft elevators/stairs. I have read that the middle of the ship is better and when I look on Carnival I see there a few cabins with a top berth about 5-6 cabins behind the middle stairs (R178 for instance). Can I call my travel agent and request a specific cabin at this time? I don't want to pay any more $$ for our cruise. Also, does the upgrade fairy visit even after cabin assignment?

Deja vu all over again:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=15420113

if the current cost of that particular stateroom is higher than you paid for your guarantee (which most likely it is) you would have to pay the difference to switch your booking. Also, you would be paying under the current fee schedule for the fuel surcharge, which may be higher than when you booked.

I would say that there is still a small POSSIBILITY that you COULD be upgraded, but probaby not likely.

Enjoy your cruise, regardless of what room you are in!

Last week during the endless summer was the price still the same a when you booked??? Usually they raise the price when you put in the code, so unless you pretended to book, you didnt lose out.

When you book guarantee, to save the bucks, you are agreeing to take any cabin you are given. I know once I had just about the most aft inside cabin on the bottom deck, had all the vibration, but shrugged it off since I knew I didnt have a leg to stand on to get my cabin changed and really its the same cabin down the hall, no biggie to me. The cabin was fine as it turned out.

Last week during the endless summer was the price still the same a when you booked??? Usually they raise the price when you put in the code, so unless you pretended to book, you didnt lose out.
Yes, the price was very close ... less than $100 more for all three of us. The cost of the cabin was less, but the fuel charge went up. I would have been willing to spend a little bit more for an upgrade to the Upper deck if I knew we were indeed on the Rivera deck when I pretended to book. I was still hoping for an upgrade fairy visit :).

Oh well, I am NOT willing to pay $100 for a cabin 20 cabins away, LOL! So, I guess I won't bother my TA. The cabin I have been assigned will be perfectly acceptable.

Chances of being upgraded now are all but a flat zero. But if you were, it could be to a really bad location, so forget it. Your cabin is fine, and EXACTLY the same as any 6C. And the baloney about midship location is just that, baloney. Its technically correct that midship moves less than ALL the way forward or aft. And it is correct that the lower decks move less than the higher decks. Less, but how much less? Not enough for any human to tell.

If the ocean is rough enough to sicken someone on deck 9, that same person would get just as sick on deck 3. And if the waters are calm, the ride is smooth all over the ship.

Enjoy your cruise.

Dan

Have any of you ever cruised with Carnival before?

Bill

Have any of you ever cruised with Carnival before?

Bill

Nope, this is our first Carnival cruise. My husband and I cruised with NCL on the Norway back in the early 90's. We're really looking forward to our cruise ... and saving up all the anti-hurricane vibes I can muster :p.

ETA: Thanks everyone! We'll be fine ... although sometimes I am too much of an over-planner and nit-picker for my own good :). Three "Fun Day at Sea"'s will help mellow me out.

Nope, this is our first Carnival cruise. My husband and I cruised with NCL on the Norway back in the early 90's. We're really looking forward to our cruise ... and saving up all the anti-hurricane vibes I can muster :p.

ETA: Thanks everyone! We'll be fine ... although sometimes I am too much of an over-planner and nit-picker for my own good :). Three "Fun Day at Sea"'s will help mellow me out.

Oh well. I was hoping you had since they still have past guest rates available.

Well have a great cruise. All the cabins are basically the same anyway on the fantasy class ships. You just have to go up 1 or 2 extra decks. No biggie.:)

Bill

Archived