What Would You Do In Bermuda In The Rain?

jozie

Just take the bus right from the dockyard. I believe either #10 or #11 will get you there. Just got back on Sat and we took the bus all over the island. I rode past the Swizzle Inn but did not go to it. Access around the island is very easy. Be sure to take the ferry over to St George's. It is a beautiful ride if you sit out on the upper deck.

I'd say a very intensive comparison of Bermuda Specialty drinks would be in order. On the first rainy day, start with "Dark n' Stormy" comparisons at various locations. Our two favorites are the "Pickled Onion", in Hamilton and the "Frog & Onion," at King's Wharf.

If it is raining the next day (unlikely), try a day of comparing "Rum Swizzles." Yes, the Swizzle Inn is the place to start. You may not want to leave...

Eric

We kayaked in the pouring rain! We had an excursion booked and it rained from beginning to end. Luckily we all had partial scuba outfits to keep us warm.

Just because it is raining doesn't mean you can't go in the water. It doesn't have to be lightening when it rains.

You could definitely snorkel, hey your face is IN the water right!!!

• 7 months later...

we were there for a week once & it rained at some point every day--but lightly-- so we did the Caves, gardens, zoo, ferries, busses --forts all in the rain--still had a nice time..

I may be in the minority, but I would still go to the beach...the water is absolutely gorgeous contrasted against a dark sky. Depending on the temperature, I'd even go in the water. Mostly I'd sit and watch the waves...but I'm funny that way.

Archived