Room Service - really 24 hours?

stbmom

My last couple of cruises were on RCCL and I had an awful experience this last cruise trying to get food for my kiddo (I know, not being able to get food on a cruise:confused: )

We will be relying on room service to get veggies and fruit and maybe sandwhiches for our kids who are very early risers.

With RCCL, they touted a 24 hour room service menu, but we soon found out they didn't actually have room service between about 4 am and 7 am. How do I know? No matter what time I called, they always told me it woudl arrive at 7:00. I called at 4:30 AM one day (with the time change it was my ds actual wake up time in our "real" life) and they told me they would have the food there at 7:00 and I thought they were joking. They were not joking:mad:

Now, we do take snacks on board for the kids, but really - 7 nights and 3 kids - I would need to bring a small grocery store. But, I need to know in case we need to run up and grab things from the buffet before they shut down or can I really call for fruit and veggies at 5:00 AM and actually get them delivered to the cabin in less than 3 hours?

Please my Carnival gurus - help me with this question:)

Oh yea, after a 5 year romp away from Carnival - I'm HOME:D

I can definitely say that I have ordered room service at every hour of the day and night.;)

It is 24 hours.

I have also tested the pizza theory and the ice cream theory.

Yep. 24 hours as well.

:D

Click here for the room service menu thread, and vote on your favorite sandwich!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=359674

I can definitely say that I have ordered room service at every hour of the day and night.;)

It is 24 hours.

I have also tested the pizza theory and the ice cream theory.

Yep. 24 hours as well.

:D

Click here for the room service menu thread, and vote on your favorite sandwich!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=359674

My Dh often wakes up around 4 or 4:30 am, goes up on deck and gets pizza for breakfast. He says they make it fresh for him at that time of day. :D

Room service is definitely there 24 hours but don't know if the OP can get the fruits and veggies they are looking for. The menu is pretty limited - sandwiches, salads, & continental breakfast stuff. Seems like the fruits offered are banana, melon, & grapefruit maybe.

Oops - should have clicked on your thread first - looks like there are veggies available!

Awesome!

Even a limited menu is enough to satisfy the kiddos and give them something semi healthy.

Oh yea, and pizza for dh and I while the kids are asleep is cool too:D

Yes! They have a nice fresh veggie sticks (crudite) served with Blue Cheese, but will give you whatever side dressing/dip you want.

Also whatever fresh fruit they have ready for fruit salads and such, they'll give you.

Enjoy!

My last couple of cruises were on RCCL and I had an awful experience this last cruise trying to get food for my kiddo

With RCCL, they touted a 24 hour room service menu, but we soon found out they didn't actually have room service between about 4 am and 7 am. How do I know? No matter what time I called, they always told me it woudl arrive at 7:00. I called at 4:30 AM one day (with the time change it was my ds actual wake up time in our "real" life) and they told me they would have the food there at 7:00 and I thought they were joking. They were not joking

Oh yea, after a 5 year romp away from Carnival - I'm HOME:D

At least RCCL gave you a specific time. On our last (and believe me, it WAS our last cruise with RCCL) they no-showed half the time when we ordered room service. It was one of the many things that went wrong with our cruises with them.

We're glad to be back on Carnival as well.

Help me if I'm wrong but I do believe they shut down room service at 3 or 4 on the last night. I also think that is posted in the capers.

I like RCCL but I have to agree there room Service stinks.

On RCCL it may be that you can only get the breakfast menu that you stick outside your door at that time (4-7am). I don't know for sure as it has been years since I did a cruise on RCCL. I do know I have ordered both breakfast and regular menu early in the morning and received it. In fact the last night I ordered food that came at 6:30am.

Archived