Question re. Uniworld ships and internet

mushroom

We're on Uniworld Dutchess in a few days and I'm debating over taking my laptop. Is it worth the effort? Are there computers for general public use onboard? Is wireless available at all? Really, the main reasons for having "contact" is to keep up with our airline schedule on the return and to keep up with email/family. What do you think.....take it or leave it home? Thanks for your advice.

Unless you like to download your pictures everyday, leave the laptop home. I would just take lots of memory cards and look at everything at home. Internet service is very "spotty" on the rivers. Sometimes there is no service for a couple of days. There are always internet cafes in the cities you tour. On all of our Uniworld trips-5 of them- the cruise director was always knowlegeable about the locations of both internet cafes and ATMs. There are computers on board for public use. We have a road runner account and they will give you a webnet address so that you can access your account while away. Airline regs are making it harder and harder to take any extras. You will love your Uniworld trip. Pat

Archived