Caloundra or Mooloolaba? Special offers The Overlander?

pinguinjo

After our cruise in November we want to stay for four days on the Sunshine Coast. We want to stay close to the beach and close to restaurants and shops, because we won't have a car. But we don't want to stay in a noisy and very crowdy area. What will be a better place Caloundra or Mooloolaba? In Mooloolaba we consider the Landmark resort. Is this a good resort? Can anybody recommend a resort/hotel in Caloundra?

Before we cruise we travel from Adelaide to Melbourne by train (The Overlander). I have read that they sometimes publish special offers. Can anybody tell where they will publish these offers? Thanks in advance. Joyce

What a nice choice. 4 days on the Sunshine Coast in November should be lovely, with good weather and no crowds because it is off season.

Mooloolaba is the "in" beach of the moment, with most accommodation on the Esplanade overlooking the ocean. The mainly tourist shops and restaurants are on this street, as well as the "loo with the view". The large district shopping centre is at Maroochydore, nearby. There are beautiful walks along the Spit.

Caloundra used to be the "in" beach years ago, with many monied families owning beach houses there, when the Sunshine Coast was called the North Coast. Caloundra has lots of beautiful cove shaped beaches, so you can choose the one which suits you best.

I can't comment on accommodation, as we're mainly day trippers. However, we have stayed at Golden Beach, Caloundra, which is quiet, with beautiful views of Bribie Passage, but not near shops.

I would think Mooloolaba would be better than Caloundra without a car, as Mooloolaba is just one beach.

Aussieflyer thank you very much. I looked at the site and indeed we are not travelling before October 20th. But I will remember the site!

Marion and Barry also thanks. I try to make a reservation in the Landmark Resort in Mooloolaba. Joyce:)

I lived on the coast for a year a little while back.

Mooloolaba is by far the best choice..It is central but not overcrowded.. I recommend "Fish on Parkyn" .. Fantastic little seafood restaraunt on the spit..The accomodation is all very close to the water and the walk along the water is just beautiful..I used to walk it regularly after work

Caloundra, while still beautiful and peaceful, is a little like heavens waiting room. If you like lawn bowls and roast of the day you will fit right in.. Golden beach is the best choice down that way...

I lived on the coast for a year a little while back.

Mooloolaba is by far the best choice..It is central but not overcrowded.. I recommend "Fish on Parkyn" .. Fantastic little seafood restaraunt on the spit..The accomodation is all very close to the water and the walk along the water is just beautiful..I used to walk it regularly after work

Caloundra, while still beautiful and peaceful, is a little like heavens waiting room. If you like lawn bowls and roast of the day you will fit right in.. Golden beach is the best choice down that way...

Thank you! We have a reservation for the Landmark resort in Mooloolaba. We love fish, so we centainly will have dinner there. Joyce

Archived