Super Bowl and the Crown

janotay

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had been on the Crown for the Super Bowl? We will be next Feb. and I wanted to know if Princess does anything special for events like this. This will be my first Princess cruise.:D

Was on the caribbean Princess last Feb for the Super Bowl. Watched it on MUTS with most of the ship. Get there early to get a deck chair.

They had guys coming around with hot dogs, pizza, popcorn.

Enjoyed a couple buckets of Dos Equis. too (they weren't free):D

They also handed out those inflatable thingies you bang together like you see at most of the sporting venues.

Bill

We were on the Grand for Super Bowl, which also has MUTS, and they showed it there (as well as in the cabins). We got chairs first thing in the morning with a perfect viewing point, and stayed in the ALL DAY except for bathroom breaks. By an hour or so before the game, it was packed around the pool. They had trivia contests and prizes, BBQ type food and games. It was better than being in a sports bar. Luckily for us, it was a sea day. I suspect on port days that it wouldn't get crowded until around game time.

DH and I were going to book this cruise until we realized this. I am a huge football fan and don't know if spending Super Bowl Sunday cramped on the deck with a thousand other people would really allow you to watch the game.

However, I would be very interested to hear how this goes so that I know for the furture whether to let that weekend be an option for cruising.

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had been on the Crown for the Super Bowl? We will be next Feb. and I wanted to know if Princess does anything special for events like this. This will be my first Princess cruise.:D

Our family will be there also.

Fantastic. Look forward to watching. I can assure you that all the passengers will not be on deck watching. My DH for one can't stand football. I love it! :D

We play the role reversal game on this and any team sports. I love them...could watch for hours. He is so bored he can't stand it.

Lukes gs Daddy: I saw your name on the roll call. Our cruise on the roll call is so inactive! I have not even looked for a few days. We are truly looking forward to this trip.

Fantastic. Look forward to watching. I can assure you that all the passengers will not be on deck watching. My DH for one can't stand football. I love it! :D

We play the role reversal game on this and any team sports. I love them...could watch for hours. He is so bored he can't stand it.

Lukes gs Daddy: I saw your name on the roll call. Our cruise on the roll call is so inactive! I have not even looked for a few days. We are truly looking forward to this trip.

Yeah,

I do not even look at it anymore. When time gets closer I will start.

The game is on the day we embark. So I think people will be calm. I guess it depends on who is in it. We are from Ohio and I root for any Ohio team.

It will be a special superbowl

Wasn't the Crown, but the Princess ship I was on a couple of years ago at Super Bowl time

a) Showed the game on MUTS

b) Showed the game in the lounge at the rear of the ship

c) Showed the game in the cigar/sports bar

d) Showed the game on the TV in the cabins

e) Decorated the loung in (b) with balloons in the colors of the teams

f) Had a party atmosphere everywhere

This was over 9 years ago, but I was on the Dawn during Super Bowl '99. They had a SuperBowl party in the Vista Lounge (rear of the ship) and they provided lots of food buffet-style and showed the game on a big screen. Unfortunately for us, it also happened to be on our first formal night and since I traveled with my parents (and they paid for the cruise) we dined in the dining room. But the waiters were great and kept us up-to-date on the score as the evening progressed. I guess the point is, if you want to keep up with the game there will be (especially with MUTS) ample opportunity to do so. It sounds like a blast watching on deck with hundreds of other people while the offerings of food and drink are floating around.

been on the crown and the grand both for superbowls last 2 years. on the grand which at that time went out of galveston they had it on mutts and also all the tvs in the rooms and bars. however it was raining. lots of parties decorations etc.. the crown last year mutts only crowded could hardly see weather was beautiful and it was so great to see the next day all the new england fans had left the ship and it was out to sea. i am still wondering where they went. it was a very big party but thought they could have done a better job setting up large screen tvs in the lounges to handle the overflow like they had done on the grand.

They did a great job of making sure that there was lots of snacks and they had a buffet for those watching inside at the bars. It was VERY crowded at MUTS and you actually had to walk over people to get around. Much better inside. The fans were having a terrific time. We ate at half time and then returned to watch the second half...it was great!!!

OH YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE GIANTS WON:D :D :D :D

We have 30 people in our group going on the Crown. We are there for our Daughters wedding.

Half of our group are from Pittsburgh and half from New York. He are hoping for a Giants vs Steelers Super Bowl. One or the other would work too.

The wedding is on the 3rd and the game is on the 1st. what an awsome week.

We can't wait!!!:D

we have sailed twice when superbowl happened.

We are not big football fans but did enjoy the atmosphere. Here are some of the things I remembered.

Showed the game in many venues. Explorer's lounge, MUTS and one time it was show in Princes Theatre because it was raining.

Staff in the bars and entertainment staff had special T-shirts for the game.

Drink specials.

Entertainment during halftime or commercial breaks, the last time the commercials were not show the screen just went blank I believe it had something to do with where they get their feed. they also had food that was appropriate for game day!

For those that don't want to partake in the game activities you will find tons of other things to do. Plus the dining rooms were much quieter and at the shows you could actually get a seat.

I am so pleased with the information I have gotten. Thanks so much.

jbaer: A Wedding sounds like a great reason to really celebrate! What a fun trip you will have. I bet it won't be hard to pick your group out in a crowd!!:D

We have 30 people in our group going on the Crown. We are there for our Daughters wedding.

Half of our group are from Pittsburgh and half from New York. He are hoping for a Giants vs Steelers Super Bowl. One or the other would work too.

The wedding is on the 3rd and the game is on the 1st. what an awsome week.

We can't wait!!!:D

GINTS and Stillers?? Oh Gawd I hope not!

Congrats on the upcoming wedding though.:)

Bill

I was on the Dawn last year for the big Oscar party. We were all dressed up, red carpet, champagne, the works..when the broadcast started the satellite signal was lost. It was frustrating to sit there for over an hour while they tried to get a signal. They finally gave up. So as long as you are OK with just a party you will have fun anyway. Just need to be flexible to changes in plans.

Archived