Questions about a canadian cruise.....

Jennyyl

Has anyone cruised on the 6 night Norwegian Spirit cruise to new England/Canada?? Has anyone cruised in mid September, are any of the leaves changing color from Martha's Vinyard to Halifax? Also what is the temp during this time??

Thanks!

You'll see more foliage in the northern areas in mid-September, less to the south. Temps can be all over the place - if you hit "Indian Summer", you'll have days in the 80's, but if it's cold and raw, could be in the 50's. Just be sure to pack a sweater or wind breaker to have as backup (and take them with you on your sightseeing adventures - never know when weather will change).

If you view the interactive foliage map for 9/15 conditions in New England at http://www.yankeefoliage.com/peakmap/ you will see that in southern New England the conditions are way too early, in northern New England the conditions inland are starting to turn but coastal will be too early. Since the map does not include Halifax, my guess would be the further north you go, the better the foliage.

On Martha's Vineyard the foliage has not even started to change.

The tempurature in MV would be from the lo-50s to hi 60s; lower at night. For coastal Maine, tempuratures will be slightly lower.

YMMV

SBtS

I think that perhaps it might be too early for foliage in Halifax (someone please correct me if I am wrong)... I live in Bangor, which is about 45 miles from the coast of Maine(Bar Harbor) and Bangor is actually farther north than Halifax is. Halifax is almost the same as Bar Harbor ... and our area of Maine does not have good "leaf peeping" until October. Enjoy your cruise. Jan

Archived