Suite Ammenties question

sue117

So we boarded the Oosterdam today for our cruise and found out that we got upgraded to a Suite! Holy Crap! What a surprise!

But now the problem is we have no idea what the "perks" are for a suite...can someone help us out?

I think we get to use the Neptune Lounge...right?

Mini bar items still not free right?

Free DVD rental-right?

Anything else interesting?

We are very excited. A great way to thank DH for 21 years in the Army as a retirement gift!! :)

No freebies from the mini bar. You do get the Neptune Lounge, get free laundry, priority for any tendering, hors d'ouvres in your cabin if you request, dinner menus delivered daily, and I'm not sure what else. The laundry was the biggie in my eyes - it was nice coming home with no dirty clothes!

Sue/WDW1972

Westerdam 1/11/09

So we boarded the Oosterdam today for our cruise and found out that we got upgraded to a Suite! Holy Crap! What a surprise!

But now the problem is we have no idea what the "perks" are for a suite...can someone help us out?

I think we get to use the Neptune Lounge...right?

Mini bar items still not free right?

Free DVD rental-right?

Anything else interesting?

We are very excited. A great way to thank DH for 21 years in the Army as a retirement gift!! :)

What category were you upgraded from? Are you in a SA, SB, or SC? Those can use the Neptune lounge. You also get unlimited laundry.

What a wonderful upgrade, and thanks to your DH to his

service to our country.

To save you time/expense - please go to the Neptune Lounge !

The Concierge will be happy to explain the services/perks ......

But one of my favorite - try the great coffee; well, then also

all the yummy treats that change during the day. The

Concierge can help you with all onboard services, just ask.

Enjoy your cruise !

Jade is correct ... you must be in a PS, SA, SB or SC category.

If you are, here's the list from the HAL website:

Complimentary laundry, pressing and dry cleaning throughout your cruise

Premium duvet, oversize bath towels and soft, cotton bathrobes and slippers

Gorgeous corsages and boutonnieres for the first formal night

Hors d'oeuvres served before dinner each evening on request

Binoculars and umbrellas for your use on the cruise

Cocktail party with ship officers

Priority boarding for tender ports of call

Special disembarkation service

Priority dining and seating requests

Exclusive daily breakfast service for suite guests only (breakfast in the Pinnacle Grille)

High tea service in suite on request

A special Suite guest lunch event on cruises over 7 days in length

A very special amenity exclusively for guests cruising in a Deluxe Verandah Suite or Penthouse Verandah Suite, the industry-leading Neptune Lounge features a private place to relax, socialize with other suite guests and enjoy the personalized service of a concierge. The fleet-wide lounges provide worktables, large screen television, library, sofas and chairs, wi-fi, no-host mini-bar and refreshments throughout the day. One-Touch 24-hour Concierge Service is available when the Neptune Lounge is closed.

Bon Voyage, Congratulations, and please tell DH thank you for serving our country....

Congratulations. I'm laughing that you are currently on the ship and are asking on CC about what happens on the ship. :D 'Gotta admit that is funny!!!

If you are in a "S, SA, SB, or SC", go to Neptune and the concierge will be more than happy to outline every little benefit available to you. Use the ones you like; skip the ones you don't care about.

Have a great cruise. :)

What better way to find out then ask you guys! lol

And I knew I had to ask before we left Seattle and we lost Internet access!! :)

We booked a guarenteed VE cabin...I was kinda mad that they switched our cabin from what we were informed WAS our cabin last week...but finally clued in that we were changed to a suite... :)

So I checked the HA site (coudn't find it anywhere else) and it looks like we are in a SY category...so no Neptune...which makes sense since we are on a different floor from that...so only the people on THAT floor with suites would get to use it huh?

That's ok...we love our big balcony and the BATHROOM..OMG!! A separate shower?!? The bathroom is bigger than our rental house's bathroom back home!!

We are surprised at all the kids on board...there are more than any other HOlland America ship we've been on..but it IS July and mid-summer so it makes sense. DH is sad that they took out the running track at the top of the ship...

LOL..I know all you suite sailors already know all this....here's us on the balcony enjoying our cruise before we even leave...

DSCF0925.jpg

I can see my work from that pic!

Okay... not quite... it's further to the left... :)

Have a GREAT cruise you two!

What better way to find out then ask you guys! lol

And I knew I had to ask before we left Seattle and we lost Internet access!! :)

We booked a guarenteed VE cabin...I was kinda mad that they switched our cabin from what we were informed WAS our cabin last week...but finally clued in that we were changed to a suite... :)

So I checked the HA site (coudn't find it anywhere else) and it looks like we are in a SY category...so no Neptune...which makes sense since we are on a different floor from that...so only the people on THAT floor with suites would get to use it huh?

That's ok...we love our big balcony and the BATHROOM..OMG!! A separate shower?!? The bathroom is bigger than our rental house's bathroom back home!!

We are surprised at all the kids on board...there are more than any other HOlland America ship we've been on..but it IS July and mid-summer so it makes sense. DH is sad that they took out the running track at the top of the ship...

LOL..I know all you suite sailors already know all this....here's us on the balcony enjoying our cruise before we even leave...

DSCF0925.jpg

Archived