Glory Review 7/12/2008...lots of photos!

hurls88

Radisson at the Port

Started our vacation a day early by spending the night at the Radisson for $129 per night which included parking our car there for the 7 days and transfers to and from the ship. The rooms are very spacious and ours even had sleep number beds. We spent the afternoon by the beautiful pool where we met a very nice family from Missouri also sailing on the Glory. Ordered pizza from Kelsey's (resturant next door) and sat around the tiki bar enjoying the live music and sunshine. Parking @ the port would have been $105 so for us this was a no brainer...relaxing before our trip and watching the Glory pull into port the next morning. In additon to the parking we received 2 free breakfast buffets at Flamingo's (hotel resturant), omlete station, scrambled eggs, cereal, waffles, etc. Everything was delicious and really wet our appetite for the cruise buffets!

DSC00212.jpg

DSC00209.jpg

DSC00208.jpg

DSC00210.jpg

DSC00211.jpg

Embarkation Day

Woke up to a glorious site right out our front window of our room...

DSC00206.jpg

After our great breakfast, took DW and kids to lobby with our luggage while I parked the car in the designated ship parking...needless to say the DW ad kids had company.

DSC00207.jpg

DSC00213.jpg

We had the 12:00 shuttle time...the whole process was VERY organized. Your name was called, your luggage put into a little pull along u-haul behind the shuttle and we were off. The whole boarding process took about 10-15 minutes. The drive to the port is less than 5 minutes and the porters take the luggage right off the o-haul. We waited to see our bags taken and tipped the porter who handled them as well as the driver of the shuttle.

We made our way to the line of people waiting to clear security, this took about 20 minutes. I was searched because of my duffle bag which held a case of Diet Dr. Pepper and a 12 pack of bottled water. They were just checking for alcohol as the security agent pointed out several confiscated bottles. Once through security the rest of the embarkation process took 10 minutes, tops!

Pre Sailaway/Muster/Sailaway:

We headed to our Cabin #1110 on the Spa Deck to drop some stuff off(will review cabin later). We then made our way to the Lido Deck to eat and swim. DW, DD and myself hit the Deli. DD and DW shared a Grilled Ham and Cheese on an Onion Roll and I had a Grilled Pastrami and Corned Beef Sandwich. Both were excellent but we will talk about food later. DS hit the Red Sail Buffet.

After lunch we headed to the slide and Pool. DW thought pools were too small but DD and DS spent alot of time in them. DW, DS and DD took a few turns on the slide (No lines on 1st day):

Madison on Slide:

DSC00228.jpg

DSC00251.jpg

DSC00248.jpg

Tanner on Slide:

DSC00232.jpg

Time to head back to Cabin to get ready for Muster. Muster was fast and easy:

DSC00236.jpg

The worst part of the whole cruise was our CD. As I stated when I 1st got off and posted this guy was horrible. I know that they are supposed to be tacky but this guy was over the top. DW and I really liked Ast CD Jason but after my next line I will not mention Butch again Yah!!!!! CD Butch came on the Loudspeaker to say that our departure would be delayed because a huge group were delayed in Orlando but on their way. Sailaway was very stormy. A bad thunderstorm rolled in so we went back to the cabin to get ready for Dinner.

DSC00230.jpg

Cabin #1110:

We had a Spa Deck 6E Family Stateroom and absolutely loved it. It was large and perfect for all 4 of us. Our Cabin Steward Pedro was very good. It was grat to leave our Cabin and walk right out onto the Pool Decks. Here are some Pics:

DSC00217.jpg

DSC00219.jpg

DSC00220.jpg

DSC00222.jpg

DSC00223.jpg

DSC00224.jpg

To be cont.

Our group of 14 will also be staying at the Radisson the night before our 8-23 Glory cruise. How far in advance should we call the Radisson and get on the shuttle list?????

I would call today to see if you can get the 11:30

Dining Room

The one thing we had heard about Carnival was the food and we were not disappointed. The food was fantastic each and every night. We were in the Platinum dining room at the very back of the ship. We ate in the dining room every night except the last where DW and I went to the Supper Club (review coming on that!). Our waiter, Raul, and Asst. Waiter, WinJay, were great. Always greeted us by name and remembered our drinks (Lemonade and Iced Tea). We were unsure about the attire in the dining room and on the first night we saw a man in jean shorts and sleeveless muscle shirt! Unbelievable! We did get dressed up for the elegant nights...tuxedos and evening gowns. We were not alone but most men wore suits or sport jackets with ties and ladies wore nice dresses. Our jean short and muscle shirt guy wore a Hawaiian shirt with Khaki shorts for elegant night! All of the food was really great, no complaints there whatsoever. Had Chocolate Melting cake just about every night! Man is that awesome!! DW loved the sweet and sour shrimp/Lobster tail/Grilled Porkchop. My favs were Veal Parm/Grilled Porkchop/Steak. DD ate from the kids menu every night and DS ate what the grown ups ate and his fav was Strawberry Bisque!

DSC00244.jpg

DSC00245.jpg

DSC00272.jpg

DSC00477.jpg

DSC00478.jpg

DSC00266.jpg

Supper Club

For the last night of the cruise we ate @ the Supper Club! OMG can I tell you this was simply FANTASTIC. I highly recommend eating at least one night here. There is a charge of $30 per person but sooooo worth it!! DW started w/ Crab Cake, Ceasar Salad, Lobster, and Chocolate Tart (OMG) for dessert. I had Onion Soup,Ceasar Salad,Porterhouse (best steak I have EVER eaten) and Chocolate Tart. Service is superb here and we really enjoyed the atmosphere. Again I HIGHLY recommend eating here...we would have prob gone here twice if we had eaten there before the last night of the cruise.

DSC00532.jpg

DSC00524.jpg

DSC00526.jpg

DSC00528.jpg

Before:

DSC00527.jpg

After:

DSC00529.jpg

Hi Hurls88,

I love your review & photos of your Glory voyage. You have a great looking family, congratulations.

I got a good chuckle out of the before & after photos of your porterhouse steak. I think you missed a little bit of steak on the top left side!

We will be aboard Glory in about 48 days now. Can't wait to board.

I will be looking for an acquaintance from a previous voyage on the Spirit. She was a barista by day in the special coffee shop and by night she served in the Supper Club. We do hope to meet Anna again. She is a very nice young lady and she charmed DW & me.

Back-to-back on 9/6 & 9/13 is quickly approaching!

Lee

Captain's Cocktail Reception

We really enjoyed the reception...lots of FREE cocktails and appetizers. It was nice to be all dressed up w/ the kids. DW and I had whiskey sours and kids had fruit punch...meatballs were delicious. Get there early for a seat!

Ran into Freddy on the way to the Party:

DSC00252.jpg

DSC00259.jpg

DSC00255.jpg

DSC00256.jpg

DSC00258.jpg

We will post more a little later

Archived