Glory Review 7/12/2008...lots of photos!

hurls88

4th stop Freeport

DS and I got off in this port. There isnt much to see right on the dock..there is a little shopping mall but to see Freeport you need to take a taxi and we decided since Freeport is a stones throw from our home in Palm Beach Gardens we would just get back on the ship and enjoy some quiiet time by the pool with DW and DD.

Camp Carnival and Circle C:

DD is 5 and loved her time in Camp Carnival. Always came back to the room w/ lots of arts and crafts. She made a lot of friends and loved her counselors! All over the ship when she would see one or they would see her they made a point to say hi to her by name! DS is 12 and was in the Circle C program. Only 1 draw back is that they do not have their own place to go. They always met at clubs/golf/etc. Having a room of their own would be nice...this is a new program for the 12-14 year olds so I am sure in the future they will have their own space. DS loved it and met many nice kids...including "Lizzie" whom he has been texting NON STOP since we got back! I guess its kinda cute! They tired to stay up all night on the last night to watch the sunrise together! OMG! LOL! Neither of them made it though!

Overall

DW and I would say that we were very plesantly surprised with how much we enjoyed our first Carnival cruise. We have been on 4 RCL and really enjoyed those. The food is by far better on CCL, the pool areas needed some improvement on Glory. Seems like CCL is improving the pool areas on other ships so I am sure she will get her turn. The staff and crew were great, with the exception of the new CD Butch. I dont know something about him I just did not like. The room we had 6E #1110 was much better than the balcony we had on RCL Freedom of the Seas Maiden Voyage. RC has changed their bed linens to be like CCL so that seemed the same but still very very nice. Plenty of room for the 4 of us. We had heard that Carnival was a little cheesy and tacky with the decor, we did not find that to be true at all. The only thing we found tacky and cheesy was yes...CD Butch! :O)

So we loved our 1st Carnival Cruise and within the next couple of weeks we will be booking our second. Hope you enjoyed our Review, thanks for reading.

My DW favorite activity was buying these pictures:

glory011.jpg

glory014.jpg

glory017.jpg

glory018.jpg

glory019.jpg

glory020.jpg

This is really a great review.. Its been 2 years since I was on the Glory last. Will you be able to post the daily Capers? I am sure they will be very similar when I go in August..

Thanks!

I have the 1st 2 days done but will finish them tomorrow

Thank you so very much for this review......got to tell you that the pics were great! and to admit that these last ones of your family made me choke up a bit.....beautiful! (really touches the mom/grandmom/family part of me)

You did a fantastic job with the review!

Your formal photos were great and I see your wife and I think alike. It drives my DH insane that I find it necessary to coordinate our dinner outfits. This summer, I even tried to coordinate our swim suits. He was having none of that, though. :rolleyes:

Congrats on a vacation full of life-long memories and, once again, thanks for sharing them. :)

Great review, great pictures, beautiful family! Glad you enjoyed your first Carnival experience. Thanks for taking the time to post everything. I especially loved the formal night photos. Glad to see some people are still "dressing" for those nights. Happy cruising!

I am very, very, very excited now!!! Love your pics! Do you have any pics of your room at the Raddison? I'm sure the Radisson was right on, but I like to see pics! We are stying there pre-cruise too. :)

Lovely pics, and a good review.

We are going on the Glory November 2009, and we are a large group. Quite a few would be interested in the cave tubing, can you tell me if it is essential to be a swimmer, and is there anytime that the water would go over your head. Also what is the 30 min walk like, easy or difficult.

Thank you all for the very kind words and glad you all enjoyed the review

I am very, very, very excited now!!! Love your pics! Do you have any pics of your room at the Raddison? I'm sure the Radisson was right on, but I like to see pics! We are stying there pre-cruise too. :)

Unfortunately we did not take any of the room but I can tell you we bought the basic room and it was very nice. I would say above average for a hotel room for space and looks

Lovely pics, and a good review.

We are going on the Glory November 2009, and we are a large group. Quite a few would be interested in the cave tubing, can you tell me if it is essential to be a swimmer, and is there anytime that the water would go over your head. Also what is the 30 min walk like, easy or difficult.

It is real shallow most of the time. In fact they yell "Butts Up" so you don't bruise your backside. There were two areas that you could jump off rocks into deeper water but it was not required. I just would say use Major Tom and you wont be disappointed. The walk was not bad at all no steep slopes in fact you go through a cave.

Thanks so much for the great review and photos (you have a very photogenic family). It looks as though you all had a fantastic trip. We are thinking about the Glory for next year - your review pushed me a bit closer to booking!:D

Thanks so much for the great review and photos (you have a very photogenic family). It looks as though you all had a fantastic trip. We are thinking about the Glory for next year - your review pushed me a bit closer to booking!:D

Thank you

Thank you, this is one of the most wonderful reviews that I've ever read. Your pictures show that you and your family are blessed with the grace that only comes from above; love, joy and happiness. Your children are treasures, enjoy ever moment, they grow so quickly.

4th stop Freeport

DS and I got off in this port. There isnt much to see right on the dock..there is a little shopping mall but to see Freeport you need to take a taxi and we decided since Freeport is a stones throw from our home in Palm Beach Gardens we would just get back on the ship and enjoy some quiiet time by the pool with DW and DD.

Camp Carnival and Circle C:

DD is 5 and loved her time in Camp Carnival. Always came back to the room w/ lots of arts and crafts. She made a lot of friends and loved her counselors! All over the ship when she would see one or they would see her they made a point to say hi to her by name! DS is 12 and was in the Circle C program. Only 1 draw back is that they do not have their own place to go. They always met at clubs/golf/etc. Having a room of their own would be nice...this is a new program for the 12-14 year olds so I am sure in the future they will have their own space. DS loved it and met many nice kids...including "Lizzie" whom he has been texting NON STOP since we got back! I guess its kinda cute! They tired to stay up all night on the last night to watch the sunrise together! OMG! LOL! Neither of them made it though!

Overall

DW and I would say that we were very plesantly surprised with how much we enjoyed our first Carnival cruise. We have been on 4 RCL and really enjoyed those. The food is by far better on CCL, the pool areas needed some improvement on Glory. Seems like CCL is improving the pool areas on other ships so I am sure she will get her turn. The staff and crew were great, with the exception of the new CD Butch. I dont know something about him I just did not like. The room we had 6E #1110 was much better than the balcony we had on RCL Freedom of the Seas Maiden Voyage. RC has changed their bed linens to be like CCL so that seemed the same but still very very nice. Plenty of room for the 4 of us. We had heard that Carnival was a little cheesy and tacky with the decor, we did not find that to be true at all. The only thing we found tacky and cheesy was yes...CD Butch! :O)

So we loved our 1st Carnival Cruise and within the next couple of weeks we will be booking our second. Hope you enjoyed our Review, thanks for reading.

My DW favorite activity was buying these pictures:

glory011.jpg

glory014.jpg

glory017.jpg

glory018.jpg

glory019.jpg

glory020.jpg

Absolutly beatiful! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you, this is one of the most wonderful reviews that I've ever read. Your pictures show that you and your family are blessed with the grace that only comes from above; love, joy and happiness. Your children are treasures, enjoy ever moment, they grow so quickly.

We got alot of info on these boards to make our cruise so great

Great review Hurls. I think we met in the sports bar watching the golf together on Friday. I was the English guy sat at the bar while you were lying on the couch. I'm sure that was you. :)

Yes it was. How funny.

Hi Hurls,

Thanks for posting the great review. We were the ones who road over to Fins and Flippers with you. That was very nice and I agree that the cave tubing was awesome. It was a great week. Hope you enjoy the next cruise just as much.

Andy

Archived