buggy

onehotpooh

going on crown on nov to grand turks, st maarten, princess cay and st thomas . should i bring bug spray ? i know some places are buggier than others. i just hate to get off the ship and walk with a swarm of critters when i have 7 bottles of bug repellent on my garage shelf at home.

pooh

going on crown on nov to grand turks, st maarten, princess cay and st thomas . should i bring bug spray ? i know some places are buggier than others. i just hate to get off the ship and walk with a swarm of critters when i have 7 bottles of bug repellent on my garage shelf at home.

pooh

A big "yup" to that one! Princess Cays is the main place to use it. I brought along my Off dry spray and used it several times that day...so did our friends. That beach has hungry bugs. Definitely bring the spray.

I am thinking about it for Alaska, but probably by mid Sept they will be all gone I hope. :)

LOL. I meant I was thinking about packing, not taking bug spray. LOL. I doubt if the bugs can even find Scandinavia. :D

Over 35 cruises to all corners of the world, and never have needed insect repellant yet. And those little critters just love to bite the heck outta me. :(

Unless you plan to take a jungle excursion somewhere, I don't think I would bother taking it.

Over 35 cruises to all corners of the world, and never have needed insect repellant yet. And those little critters just love to bite the heck outta me. :(

Unless you plan to take a jungle excursion somewhere, I don't think I would bother taking it.

Toto, have you been to Ayres Rock?

Toto, have you been to Ayres Rock?

Nope, that is one place we have not been in AU or were interested in visiting. Especially after I heard about all the flies. But we did go up the East coast of AU several times and twice to Litchfield National Park out in the waterfall/rock ponds and such, and didn't even need it there.

But Ayers rock it would probably be needed, if bug spray keeps the flies away, that would be the place to take a gallon of the stuff.

Nope, that is one place we have not been in AU or were interested in visiting. Especially after I heard about all the flies. But we did go up the East coast of AU several times and twice to Litchfield National Park out in the waterfall/rock ponds and such, and didn't even need it there.

But Ayers rock it would probably be needed, if bug spray keeps the flies away, that would be the place to take a gallon of the stuff.

Before we travelled to Australia, one of the tips given was to wear a beekeepers hat when visiting Ayres Rock. I made fun of my husband when he bought one, but I was the one who took it from him. Those flies were ferocious! We did take DEET with us to Africa; didn't need it at all even on safari.

Pia

Yeah I think they are pretty much all gone by then. :)

Colo I have been to Alaska in May, July, June and Sept. and never once had a fly problem. Now I guess if you went inland like Denali etc. you may be bothered.

Marilyn

Before we travelled to Australia, one of the tips given was to wear a beekeepers hat when visiting Ayres Rock. I made fun of my husband when he bought one, but I was the one who took it from him. Those flies were ferocious! We did take DEET with us to Africa; didn't need it at all even on safari.

Pia

And don't forget, they always sell those hats with the corks that dangle down from strings to chase away the flies. LOL Now those are really hilarious. :)

Archived