Shopping Malls New York

Could anyone tell me the best shopping mall to go to . We haver heard that there is a good one a few train stops outside of the centre. We are docked in New York from 7am till 10pm so have plenty of time. We would like one with a large range of shops from Adults wear to Kids wear and also household goods.

there are no "malls" in Manhattan, although there are many shops and shopping areas. Macy's and the other large department stores are very popular with British visitors.

For a mall, there you would need to visit one of the outer boroughs or New Jersey.

Could anyone tell me the best shopping mall to go to.

Go to 6th Avenue and 33rd Street; there's a multi-story mall in the old Gimbel's department store building. Their website is http://www.manhattanmallny.com/ For housewares, your best bets would be Macy's basement (34th Street between 6th & 7th Avenues), Zabar's at Broadway & 80th Street, or Bed Bath & Beyond on 6th Avenue & 18th Street.

also Macy's will give visitors from out of town a pass good for 13$ off almost everything including items on sale. You go to the accommodation desk on the mezzanine to get it( at the 34th street store)....

When I go to Jersey a few times a year, I always go to the Willowbrook Mall in Wayne. There are many others that you can get info on at the site below. Have been to some of the others too, but this is the one I enjoy most. I also go to the big Jersey mall but it is closed on Sundays.

http://funnj.com/links/shopping/index.htm

Could anyone tell me the best shopping mall to go to . We haver heard that there is a good one a few train stops outside of the centre. We are docked in New York from 7am till 10pm so have plenty of time. We would like one with a large range of shops from Adults wear to Kids wear and also household goods.

If you are on the adventerous side, you can take the Long Island Rail Road http://www.mta.nyc.ny.us/lirr/ from Penn Station to the Mineola Station. From there it is a short taxi ride to Roosevelt Field

http://www.simon.com/mall/default.aspx?ID=102

This is one of the largest malls in the metro NYC area. It is two levels with just about every store one could want. If you check with their info number, I'm sure that they will be able to give you the phone number of a taxi service to arrange pick-up at the train station.

Bon Voyage

Definitely go the Macys in Manhattan! If you can't find it at Macys on 34th Street, they probably don't make it. LOL There are several stores on the surrounding streets. H&M is very popular with teenagers. Perhaps you heard about the Outlet Mall? I forget the name. . .it is right off the Thruway and you can catch a bus from the Port Authority Bus Terminal there.

Macy's at Harold Square is a mall unto itself! And so much a part of the NYC experience! Then you walk up to Toys r Us in Times Square and there are stores all the way! Take a stroll over to 5th Avenue! Manhattan is one big shopping mall! No need to leave.

woodbury commons is a bit of a haul from NYC.....it's nice but it's HUGE and you'd have to drive....

correction.....seems they have buses/tours from NYC

http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=7

i agree about century 21.

garden state plaza in paramus is closed on sunday...(due to local law) but most other malls are open......moneymoneymoney:D

I agree...if you're going to be in NYC to shop for a day-go to Madison ave, 5th ave, or if you need to be inside there is an indoor shopping center inside the Time-Warner Bldg at Columbus circle. Or if you want fun cheap street buying, head down to canal street in Chinatown for faux-designer handbags and clothes-pretty much anything you could want.. Really fun , and a good NY experience. Great places to get good authentic chinese and italian food(little italy is in that area too).

Archived