Belize

Hapinowagain2

Belize is a tendered stop.. But not to worry, there are plenty of them, so you don't have to wait long at all, and the trip is over before you know it. There are people at both ends to help you on and off, even if your in a wheel chair.. So relax and enjoy... Bombero

We loved Belize also ---- it's such a pleasant change from most of the usual cruise ship stops which are so full of jewelry stores and hawkers. We did a private tour, cabe tubing with Reggie -- this was unlike anything we've done anywhere else, I would recommend it to anyone. The tender ride was long, at least 20 minutes, but it's scenic and we just looked at it as part of the fun. One of our party went to view the ruins at Alton Ha ( i think that's right) and enjoyed that also -- it's not as long a ride as most of the ruins tours are. Enjoy!!

Okay, I have to ask since we are in Belize in February -- when you went to Altun Ha or tubing did you see many snakes??? Don't flame me.. I'm deathly afraid, too much "history" with them to change but had a way-too-close encounter in Greece at some ruins a couple of years ago that scared a tour guide and 20 other people to death (my reaction, not the reptile itself!). Can't decide what to do in Belize.. How did you find the tour guide that took you cave tubing??? On the boards here??

We found Reggie for cave tubing on these boards, in the Port of Call section. I don't remember any snakes anywhere, but then again, I don't have a problem with them, so I may not have noticed. The cave tubing was amazing --- some walking, then cruising in and out of several caves on inner tubes, then some beach time and lunch. It was also a van ride of close to 1 hr each way, but this was a great way to see the countryside. There were a few bats in the caves but they were high above us and seemed more upset by us than we were of them. Hope this helps ----

Archived