Holiday Inn Miami

What is the exact name of this hotel and their number? Is it the HI Oceanfront?

What is the usual price per night for 1 room that you have paid? Does this hotel offer free shuttle service to the pier?????????

Thanks, Jeri

No beach and no shuttle. Cab fare is very reasonable.

This is the one I stay at too.

Holiday Inn Port of Miami/Marina Park is the closest hotel to the piers. It is directly across from the famous Bayside Marketplace that has many restaurants and shops for a nice place to spend some time.

It is a reasonable hotel that is kept clean and neat. No beach though, just a pool.

I have stayed there twice. It fills up fast, so don't wait too long to book if you are interested. I paid $219.72 total for 2 nights in the month of September.

If you join their Priority Club, you save a discount on the room right away.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/...questid=810278

Here is a site showing you the Marketplace and what it has to offer.

Bayside marketplace.

www.baysidemarketplace.com

I think it's called the Holiday Inn Port of Miami - Downtown Hotel (or Holiday Inn Bayside). It's right across the street from the Bayside Market Place. We went about 2 years ago and I think we paid around $120 (don't remember exactly). I don't recall a free shuttle. We walked across the street and took a cab. Approx $10 including tip.

http://www.hiportofmiami.com/pdf/FactSheet.pdf

Tim

What is the exact name of this hotel and their number? Is it the HI Oceanfront?

What is the usual price per night for 1 room that you have paid? Does this hotel offer free shuttle service to the pier?????????

Thanks, Jeri

Hi Jeri

Is it the one opposite the Bayside marketplace that you are interested in?

We've stayed at this one opposite Bayside and according to the Intercontinental website it's called the 'Holiday Inn, Port of Miami - Downtown'. The phone number is 1-305-3714400. I can't remember what we paid as it was 2005 when we last used it sorry.

They don't do shuttles to the port (which you can see from the windows of the rooms at the front of the hotel), but taxis are plentiful and it only costs a few $$ from what I can remember.

Okay, everyone, I found it, but they are plum full for that weekend - convention and they are only offering a minum of a three night stay.

What other hotels nearby that you would recommend?

Go to the Florida departure boards and look for Miami departures. Many pages to read thru, but I'm sure a local can help you out with the right info.

We have had excellent success using Priceline and have stayed in high quality downtown Miami hotels Marriott Biscayne Bay, Hyatt Downtown Miami and Radisson (now a Hilton) on Biscayne Boulevard and have paid anywhere from $40 a night (several years ago) to $65 (last June and this past March. (Hyatt was $115 a night in October, 2006 and was the highest rate we have paid for a hotel in Miami).

Try Priceline and bid on a 3 or 4 star hotel in the downtown Miami area and I don't think you can be disappointed with the results.:)

Archived