Door Decorations?

Juligan

We never cruise without doing up something for all the doors of the others cruising with us (plus our own) - Fun trying to always come up with some sort of theme to work from. Besides it helps you find your cabin much easier after a night of partying and walking down a hall where all the doors look the same.

its fun, and easy to find your cabin while walking down the loooong hallway. hahaha i use tac-n-stick i get it at walmart or hobby lobby. it will not damage the doors. some doors a magnet will hold on too. we usually have a group so i make a sign for everys cabin door. anniversary pics, fish, palms, tutti-fruittis. its fun. i made a bride/groom for last mays cruise for a cc pal. never did meet them but she emailed and thanked me for it. in fact i made signs for all the pals on deck 7. :)

I remember trying to use my card key into this hotel door, and not functioning, and me and my girlfriend of the time now my wify :D getting upset and almost going to yell at the front desk when we heard somebody from the inside, "this is not your room"!! then we follow to run as we notice we were in the wrong level. it was 4 in the evening!!

:)

I guess we will use some door decoration "This! is your room Chilean!"

Our cruise is the week of Halloween, I plan on putting Halloween decorations on our doors.

On our last cruise my brother in law couldn't find his room at 3 am, so he came to our room. I told him I'll be putting decorations on their door so they can find their room!

Juligan - I'm also in Springfield, MO, hey neighbor!

Sharon

We went on a cruise last year for my Grandma's 80th birthday. One night while we had my grandmother distracted, my dad went to our room (I shared with her) and wrapped it with flat pack wrapping paper, a big bow, and Happy Birthday signs. She was so excited by it that she cried when she saw it.

We always decorate our door on Carnival (but not when sailing other lines). We use poster board with pictures, stickers and write labels. We leave space and hang a marker for neighbors to sign it. We get great feedback on our door decorations (which also helps us find the room quicker!)

The best thing to use to keep something secured on the doors is also know as Poster Putty! It will hold a lot better than tape and not any mess when you leave. We have seen all kinds of decorations on the doors and look forward to more in the near future!

We've been on two cruises and we have decorated our door both times. It is mostly just for our daughter because she enjoys decorating it but it does help you find your room easier. We also decorate our window so we can see it when we are in port. This past cruise we were the only ones that decorated when we arrived but within a day or so another person had gotten a door sign and put it up. We used to wallies that you can get a dollar tree that is removable. One day my daughter was coming up the hallway and a person who works for the cruise was standing at our door and trying to peel off the letters, I guess to make sure they weren't permanent. My daughter just walked right on past the door acting like it wasn't her room, she was afraid she would get in trouble.

We use the white tacky stuff because it doesn't stain anything like the yellow and blue and it comes off easily when you want it to. We always make some kind of poster just because it's fun. I haven't seen a ton of people in our area decorate doors but I also don't check out a lot of the other cabin areas. We've always gotten compliments and had people tell us that they wished they'd done it.

I read a post the other day about bringing a certain type of tape for door decorations. Is decorating your door a common practice?

The vast majority do not decorate, but I do. After trying several different things, I have found that duck tape works best to keep the decorations up.

I am an avid door decorater now!!! Love it! It makes it sooo much easier to find you door, not to mention the fun of thinking up the ideas of what to decorate with! We are going to be on our first Halloween cruise this time and I am too excited!!! Cannot wait! :D

i had talked to my girls about decorating our doors on the valor. well, i completely forgot about it in all the bustling about shopping for last minute clothes & toiletries. during the entire week on the ship, i didn't see any decorated doors. the only thing i saw were a group of doors that had a piece of tape on them with the people's names written on them.

I am an avid door decorater now!!! Love it! It makes it sooo much easier to find you door, not to mention the fun of thinking up the ideas of what to decorate with! We are going to be on our first Halloween cruise this time and I am too excited!!! Cannot wait! :D

I would love to do a door decoration in August on Glory when i sail on her for the first time but other then then name of our group I have no idea how to begin to decorate it. If you have any pics that you can post so that I can see some ideas . so that I can have a a visual to do my own poster for our door that would be great!

I would love to do a door decoration in August on Glory when i sail on her for the first time but other then then name of our group I have no idea how to begin to decorate it. If you have any pics that you can post so that I can see some ideas . so that I can have a a visual to do my own poster for our door that would be great!

Here are some of our family's door signs from our last Carnival cruise. Sure wish I was planning another...to Hawaii this time!

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=10q6e9zr.2rthgh6j&Uy=vzs5rh&Ux=0&UV=919404295818_545494292603

We did a door decoration to Hawaii last year on RCI. It was posterboard and then I did scrapbooking stickers and what not about the cruise and Hawaii. We secured it with magnetic tape. We will do the same for our Haloween cruise on the Spirit

Lexi

Here is our door...We were a bunch of Labor and Delivery staff glad to be out of the hospital...You can't tell size but it was about two feet in diameter! I just tacked it up in a wreath shape....It was fun! I'll always decorate my door...whether anyone else does or not. I just think it's fun and festive. :)

P4070455_itA_027.jpg

We've been on two cruises and we have decorated our door both times. It is mostly just for our daughter because she enjoys decorating it but it does help you find your room easier. We also decorate our window so we can see it when we are in port. This past cruise we were the only ones that decorated when we arrived but within a day or so another person had gotten a door sign and put it up. We used to wallies that you can get a dollar tree that is removable. One day my daughter was coming up the hallway and a person who works for the cruise was standing at our door and trying to peel off the letters, I guess to make sure they weren't permanent. My daughter just walked right on past the door acting like it wasn't her room, she was afraid she would get in trouble.

The window thing is a great idea!!! Never thought of it!

I read a post the other day about bringing a certain type of tape for door decorations. Is decorating your door a common practice?

In eight cruises I have yet to see a door decorated.

• 2 weeks later...

Dollar shop (in Springfield - on S. Campbell) is a great place to pick up GREAT holiday decorations for your door!

We picked NO instead of driving to Galveston because the cruise is cheaper - have a great Halloween cruise!

I have seen doors decorated and always thought, "what a good way to help you find your room", but I could never remember to do that pre-cruise. This time I am planning to do it for sure and will remember to get some of the poster putty so that it doesn't damage the door and get me in trouble.

Anyone have any ideas for our door? We are going in September. It is my and two of my friends. We are doing a reposition cruise from London to Rome next year.

I would love to hear any ideas you have.

I love this thread and some of the ideas shared here. For those that have decorated their doors have you ever had them damaged or do other people pretty much leave them alone?

Gottaluvcruising ....awesome door signs!! Any issues with having a sharpie attatched to your signs? Visions of sweet kids getting their hands on them floating through my head. Did you get alot of people signing them? Thanks for sharing the pictures and the ideas with us:)