soda from fountain with soda card?

love2relax

The only other line that I know of that serves it out of a gun is Princess....

But I'm with you, why not just do the soda gun, its faster and alot cheaper than cans....

Maybe its Carnival's way of sayin hey, if we're charging you $2.05 for a can of soda, here it is right from the can, no watered down stuff.

I mean on Princess with the gun, they still charge you the same thing almost for a "soda card".

I always purchase the soda card on other cruise lines since I drink quite a bit of it. It also slows down my alcohol consumption. :o I only purchased the card once on Carnival because whenever I ordered a soda, they gave it to me in a can (along with a glass of ice), which they touted as being "better" than the bar guns. I didn't like the taste, and vowed to never order on a Carnival cruise again. At home, I get the 2-liter bottles. I don't know why, but I don't like the soda from a can. Somehow it tastes different. The other cruise lines always use the gun in the bar, and that tastes ok. On my last few Carnival cruises, I have really upped the alcohol consumption without the possibility of substituting soda. I don't care for iced tea and don't drink the lemonade due to the sugar.

Several CC's say they bring some of their own soda on board, but I don't think it would be very easy to manage some 2-liter bottles. I don't know why I didn't think to ask the last time, but has anyone ever asked the bartenders for (and received) soda out of their gun instead of a can when they ordered?

The real problem with soda guns is they are extremely hard to clean properly, and they carry over the flavor of the last thing used out of it into the next beverage. Bar guns should be used for what they were designed for making cocktails. The brick ratio(syrup to carbonated water ratio) is very hard to maintain once adjusted and the level of coldness out of the gun isn't very high. Not to mention the system of pipes and hoses that the ship would need to support a bar gun. To me i think the cans are the right way to go on board you know what you get and how your going to get it. I see you packed some bottles good suggestion

Can anyone tell me if the tea is a fresh brewed tea or like the Lipton mix kind? We're cruising in Feb. and drink Iced tea at home all the time, but wil ned to re-think and get a soda card if it is not fresh brewed. Thanks!

NCL uses fountain guns, too. Last NCL cruise we bought the soda card. Everywhere my DH went to get soda (xcept the dining room) was served from the gun and NONE of the syrup/water ratios were right, all the soda was watery, flat or overly sweet! We ended up getting our money back for the soda card after complaining. We ended up getting coke from a grocery store while in Port.

Can anyone tell me if the tea is a fresh brewed tea or like the Lipton mix kind? We're cruising in Feb. and drink Iced tea at home all the time, but wil ned to re-think and get a soda card if it is not fresh brewed. Thanks!

The Ice Tea from the Dining Room is brewed. :)

The Ice Tea from the Buffet is a mix. :(

I usually brew my own Ice Tea with a couple of tea bags, hot water then lots of ice! :D

on both the Valor and Fascination soda cards drinks came out of cans, never flat , they open can after can after can, i read in this board that the bartenders look bad at guest with soda cards that did not happen to us in neither cruise and I do drink lots of soda, this time i though about bringing my own soda but hubby hates it , lol. :rolleyes:

yes, sodas are unlimited with the card in terms of being able to drink as many as you want. you are, however, limited to ordering one soda at a time. the card is only for one person as well.

i've never taken soda on board - just too much extra junk for me.

:rolleyes: My Husband is the drinker of cola in our family. He bought the card, and noticed the same thing that many others are saying. Many times the can his drink was poured from was already opened and warm, which caused the ice in his glass to melt. This caused for a watery glass of diet cola. Not too appetizing. I had wondered, as much of the stuff as he drinks, how we could take some of it with us. Our problem is, we have to fly, and luggage is a problem. If anyone has a solution, I would appreciate the help for my diet cola addicted mate.

God Bless

Connie

One cruise under my belt

Carnival Glory July 19, 2008

Next one booked for Feb 7, again on the Glory

1359883084_TheCruise007.jpg.f39fc7ae19d700d85d8a6e06ea9bc873.jpg

I know my husband was not happy. he got a glass and actually drank it over ice. Yuck.

Candi

What is worse then a hot beer? Drinking it with ice:eek: :p :D

Next time tell them to take it back and get a cold one...........or better yet order a bucket:D

:rolleyes: My Husband is the drinker of cola in our family. I had wondered, as much of the stuff as he drinks, how we could take some of it with us. Our problem is, we have to fly, and luggage is a problem. If anyone has a solution, I would appreciate the help for my diet cola addicted mate.

We had to fly too, but we flew in a day early, and went to a Walmart to pick the soda up. You'd be amazed what you can stuff into your luggage if you put your mind to it. All that had to be done was to get it from the pier to our cabin. I didn't want to schlep it around until our cabin was ready, so I stuffed the plastic bottles in all of the nooks and crannies that I could find in our luggage. I probably could have carried some of them on, but I had a small collapsible cooler that I used as a purse (it had my wallet, cameras, and a bottle of champagne...no ice). I could have put some in there if I had wanted to, but since we boarded at about 11, I wanted my carry-on to be as light as possible.

We also purchased more when we were in Mexico, since my brother is a Pepsi fan and Carnival only has Coke products.

Sorry to hijack :D but does Carnival have a card for soda and non-alcoholic drinks. I like the umbrella drinks without the "extra" effects...LOL

Cards are only good for soda. Anything else - Bottled water, virgin drinks, etc are all pay-as-you-go. But we found a couple of non-alcoholic Miami Vices a day didn't add up to all that much. We just mixed it up with the soda card & the lido drinks.

:o You know, that is why I am so glad I found this list.Shoping for cola before we get on the ship!! That is what we need to do too, that way he will not be complaining about his "watery diet coke". (which I hate him drinking anyway) To tell you the truth, it was the only complaint we had the whole time. It was the best vacation we have ever had. It beat the week I spent at Atlantis, believe it or not. The week I spent on the Glory, was, well Glorious. I can hardly wait for Feb to get here. I know I keep saying that, but it is soooo true. I am new here, but I will learn how to act, just give me time. It is so nice to meet people who love the cruising as much as I do. My family and friends are sick of hearing my stories. Thanks for the info. :p I cant wait to start working on as many cruises as you have under your belt. One down and counting.

God Bless Connie

1884711050_TheCruise2017.jpg.36647f57201ee56765c2efba60312e98.jpg

Someone said they filled your glass but didn't give you the rest of the can? Every time I ordered they did. You are paying for the can not a glass of soda. I was given a glass of ice and a can of Coke that they opened in front of me.

As far as the tea goes, it is unsweetened. Being from the South , if it's unsweetened it is NOT tea. ;)

tea-usa.jpg

SweetTea.jpg

Sweet Tea copied from http://weblog.xanga.com/imc4j/651055794/poetry-batch-2.html

Someone said they filled your glass but didn't give you the rest of the can? Every time I ordered they did. You are paying for the can not a glass of soda. I was given a glass of ice and a can of Coke that they opened in front of me.

As far as the tea goes, it is unsweetened. Being from the South , if it's unsweetened it is NOT tea. ;)

tea-usa.jpg

SweetTea.jpg

Sweet Tea copied from http://weblog.xanga.com/imc4j/651055794/poetry-batch-2.html

They do fill your glass with the coke card, not the whole can. And if you are lucky you can find a bar with cold cans.. I always find one as I hate hot coke over the ice..

Archived