avoiding the photog line

m steve

The ship should have a separate line for embarkation and getting off the ship at ports so you don't have to wait for the back up of people who want their pic taken every time. I just want to get where I'm going and not be delayed by narsisistic people whe love to see themselves in pictures on the ship. I bet they rarely buy them.

No problem for us .... we actually "enjoy" the embarkation photo and have always purchased that one.

It stays in a frame on our dresser in the bedroom until the next cruise and next embarkation.

Always makes me smile when I see it!! :)

Vickie

I just want to get where I'm going and not be delayed by narsisistic people whe love to see themselves in pictures on the ship. I bet they rarely buy them.

You could always try this...

Mask.jpg

I have the pics taken and I buy them. I have them framed on the walls in the hallway. I love the daily reminders of the good times I have had while cruising. We wear coordinating outfits so we look nice in the pics.

I have an 8 x 10 of a "Canadian sailor" and me in Sydney while on Maasdam. Mom didn't get off the ship until later that day. Everyone says the sailor looks like DH.

If you don't care for a pic while getting off in a port, there shouldn't be a problem to just go around it.

When there is only one gangway and the photogs are at the bottom of the gangway, there is no way to simply step by them. The line backs up inside the ship and we all wait while they pose and shoot. I don't know why they can't set up 10' away from the gangway....... just far enough to let the rest of us go on our way.

I understand some folks want photos and that's great but why do they have to block the rest of us from passing?

On my last sailing, they gave you the option of having your photo taken at embarkation, the first time in any of my sailings that they offer this.

I agree with you at the ports, it annoying and I never buy them. I just smile and go along.

Happy sailing!!

Second time around and my 40th birthday cruise on the

MAASDAM

10/24-11/07

perhaps because we never rush to get off the ship with the crowds, we have never seen a backup for a photographer. If we did we would merely walk around and say a polite "no thank you"

Now what really bugs me is in the dining room where they know they have a captive audience. In the middle of dinner, they want to take a picture and have everybody move to get "nice and close" with men behind the ladies" "now everybody smile please" UGH I came to eat not to pose for pictures!!!!

perhaps because we never rush to get off the ship with the crowds, we have never seen a backup for a photographer. If we did we would merely walk around and say a polite "no thank you"

Now what really bugs me is in the dining room where they know they have a captive audience. In the middle of dinner, they want to take a picture and have everybody move to get "nice and close" with men behind the ladies" "now everybody smile please" UGH I came to eat not to pose for pictures!!!!

Yes,...... when you finally get to the bottom of the gangway, you can smile and walk by. That is what we do.

But you cannot get down the gangway as they stop each couple/group/person as they come down and pose them. No one moves. Everyone stands and waits. It backs up as they take their sweet 'old time with their cameras. It is very annoying IMO

Oh how I agree with you on this!! This happen several times during dinner at our table last year. If you see people eating and enjoying their tablemates, leave them alone!! It was so annoying that I wrote about this on my comments about the cruise.

They're taking photos and one has to wait a few moments. Some people have flown thousands of miles,taken shuttles,taxis,etc. What's 1 more minute waiting while a few photos are taken? I keep hear 'Holding Us Up"

from what? food,food,food,food,food,food,food,food,food,food,food,food,food,food

One has the whole cruise to eat, waiting a minute for photos isn't going to be the end of the earth. The Lido isn't going anywhere,I promise.

They're taking photos and one has to wait a few moments. Some people have flown thousands of miles,taken shuttles,taxis,etc. What's 1 more minute waiting while a few photos are taken? I keep hear 'Holding Us Up"

from what? food,food,food,food,food,food,food,food,food,food,food,food,food,food

One has the whole cruise to eat, waiting a minute for photos isn't going to be the end of the earth. The Lido isn't going anywhere,I promise.

One more minute isn't the point, but if you have 25 couples ahead of you, it isn't a minute. I do not see where food or the Lido comes into it.

I am not against the photos but those who do not wish to have their picture taken should somehow be able to bypass the paparazzi.

The ship should have a separate line for embarkation and getting off the ship at ports so you don't have to wait for the back up of people who want their pic taken every time. I just want to get where I'm going and not be delayed by narsisistic people whe love to see themselves in pictures on the ship. I bet they rarely buy them.

I agree with you.

For the last few years we have just walked past the photographers at embarkation without any problem - just nodded our heads that we weren't interested -- and that was the end of that.

But after reading RevNeal's review about embarkation I am really not liking this. I have no desire to stand in line to have my picture taken knowing that I am not going to buy it.

When there is only one gangway and the photogs are at the bottom of the gangway, there is no way to simply step by them. The line backs up inside the ship and we all wait while they pose and shoot. I don't know why they can't set up 10' away from the gangway....... just far enough to let the rest of us go on our way.

I understand some folks want photos and that's great but why do they have to block the rest of us from passing?

Do you have any ideas or suggestions?

I think the OP is addressing a specific point, the backlog caused by the photographers who position themselves at the end of the gangway when you are trying to get off the ship in port.

You may have a tour or other arrangements you are trying to make and get held up while people stand in place waiting for the photographers to take each parties' photo. You can't walk around because the gangway is blocked by people in front of you who are in turn blocked by the people posing.

When you finally get the end of the gangway, you can decline to pose but I've on occasion gotten "arguments" from the photographers. I try to smile and be nice and just move on my way, but I resent having to deal with this when I'm just trying to get off the ship.

The solution, as previously suggested, is to have the photographers take the photos a few feet away from the gangway so that people who want photos can get them and others can move along.

Sorry, guys....I love the photos. We were the first onboard last time and the photographer hadn't set up yet. I made poor DH go back down the gangway with me so we didn't miss out on that important embarkation photo. And no, we're not newbies! As PipedreamS62 said so well, we waited and saved and planned for this moment for OVER A YEAR and we want to make the most of it. I bet that 20 years from now, after (I hope) many other cruises, I'll still have that sense of joy and excitement.

...and in port the photographers are off to the side, at least in our experience. For the last formal night on our Sea of Cortez cruise, I had to hunt down the photographers, who were on break, so we could have our portraits taken in time to join our friends.

I hope I'm never jaded. Narcissistic, maybe, but not jaded.

Archived