Buckets of Beer on 7 mile beach

planotex

2 Adults/two kids. We are looking for a place we can sit in chairs and buy buckets of beer while the kids play in the sand and ocean (7 and 11 years old). Bathrooms would also be nice. A low price for the buckets would also be nice as I need frequent hydration. Any advice as I have never been to Grand Cayman. We will probably have lunch on the ship as we are going to Stingray City early, then hit the beach by 1:00.

2 Adults/two kids. We are looking for a place we can sit in chairs and buy buckets of beer while the kids play in the sand and ocean (7 and 11 years old). Bathrooms would also be nice. A low price for the buckets would also be nice as I need frequent hydration. Any advice as I have never been to Grand Cayman. We will probably have lunch on the ship as we are going to Stingray City early, then hit the beach by 1:00.

From that statement, it is obvious that you've never been to Grand Cayman before. Very little is "cheap" there.

There is a solution to cheap buckets.... smaller buckets with fewer beers. :eek:

Alcohol for consumption on island is NOT cheap in Cayman.

Alcohol purchased at duty free shops as a souvenir to take off island is cheap.

You can sometimes find specials (one day last week, Lone Star had Corona buckets - 5 bottles for $15 CI - yes, that was a sale!) but few of those specials will be in the bars right on Seven Mile Beach (eg. Royal Palms) on a cruise ship day. :D Assume similar prices to those in the ship's bars, but in CI dollars instead of US...then, you won't be shocked at the prices, and if you find a special you'll be pleasantly surprised...

$15 for a bucket of 5 is fine. Sea Grape looks crowded. Royal Palm looked empty (checking pics) which is good. Which one? Would rather avoid large crowd or would another place be better? Simple needs: Beer, Drinks for kids, bathroom would be nice, chair.

$15 for a bucket of 5 is fine. Sea Grape looks crowded. Royal Palm looked empty (checking pics) which is good. Which one? Would rather avoid large crowd or would another place be better? Simple needs: Beer, Drinks for kids, bathroom would be nice, chair.

Do you have a link for pictures of Sea Grape?

Ruth

Remember, they were referring to CI$15 for that bucket. That's US$18.75.

Such a deal was listed in an ad in today's paper, and that was a once-a-week special promotion. That ad was for the lobby bar at Treasure Island and not a beachfront bar.

You can not buy alcohol at grocery stores. There are liquor stores along 7 mile beach. I don't know if they sell cold beer though. My son made all of the liqour store runs and what he brought back always needed to be chilled before consumption.

I hope this helps!

Enjoy!

There is really no 'cheap' alcohol on Grand Cayman. :eek: Beer/spirits purchased in the liquor stores for consumption (ie. you take it with you rather than having it sent to the ship) will have duty added into the pricing, so it's not that much cheaper than the drinks in the bars.

Cayman isn't like Cozumel or Jamaica, or some of the other "budget" islands. Think of it like the Beverly Hills of the Caribbean, and you won't be surprised at the prices you find. Yes, it's a little more expensive, but you won't be scared to tour the island on your own, and you'll find polite, friendly people rather than pushy beach vendors and/or shady characters selling who knows what... :D

RE: Link to Sea Grapes and the photos provided in link #7 above....

It appears that link is to a private development named Sea Grapes and not to the Sea Grapes Beach that is popular with cruise ship passengers & tourists....The Sea Grapes Beach that I have been to is part of 7 Mile beach & a short cab ride from the tender docks....If you look at the map in the link, this Sea Grapes appears to be on the opposite side of the island....near Rum Point.

Archived