* Do any Bermuda beaches have bars? *

lmmspice33

Hey all,

I'm faily new to these boards and before ask my questions wanted to say hello and thank everyone who takes the time to post all the different information on these boards. The information is extremely helpful, especially for first time cruisers like myself. ;)

My fiance and I recently booked our first cruise to Bermuda on the Dawn. I'm so excited, but a little nervous.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if any beaches have bars that sell (girly drinks - daiquries, colodas, etc.)...

That's all I want - to be laying on a beautiful beach w/ a tropical drink in my hand lol...

Unfortunately, after doing a few weeks of research, this is one topic that hasn't been discussed...

I appreciate any tips anyone can provide :)

Thanks in advance...

O yea and what does "DH" mean? It's in soooo many posts!

During our cruise last October, there was a refreshment shack at the edge of Tobacco Bay that sold bottled beer. Would you settle for a Corona? :D Oh yes, you can also buy beer at Horseshoe Bay but they pour it into plastic cups.

DH: "Dear Husband" :)

Welcome to the forum!

At the moment, it seems the only place is Beach It at St. Catherine's beach which may or may not be closing soon.:(

There is a resort that is for guests only but you can "crossover" and buy drinks there. Right now my mind has gone totally blank.:o

DH is for dear husband.:)

It can also stand for other things depending on one's mood, dingy husband, etc.:p

Hey all,

I'm faily new to these boards and before ask my questions wanted to say hello and thank everyone who takes the time to post all the different information on these boards. The information is extremely helpful, especially for first time cruisers like myself. ;)

My fiance and I recently booked our first cruise to Bermuda on the Dawn. I'm so excited, but a little nervous.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if any beaches have bars that sell (girly drinks - daiquries, colodas, etc.)...

That's all I want - to be laying on a beautiful beach w/ a tropical drink in my hand lol...

Unfortunately, after doing a few weeks of research, this is one topic that hasn't been discussed...

I appreciate any tips anyone can provide :)

Thanks in advance...

O yea and what does "DH" mean? It's in soooo many posts!

As mentioned, Beach It at St. Catherine's beach in St. George has a nice bar with a thatched roof. When we visited in May, my wife had a tropical drink of some kind right on the beach. There is a question as to whether or not it will still be open, supposedly the government is closing it due to demoliton of the old Club Med hotel accross the street.

The only other beach with something like this is Clearwater Beach near St. David's lighthouse, also near St. George.

Another possibility is to have lunch at 9 beaches. This allows you to use the umbrellas and chairs on the beach. I thought the woman told me that you can also buy drinks right on the beach as well. They also have a lot of water craft that you pay a fee to use.

If you went to Elbow Beach, the restaurant is right on the beach. They also deliver drinks to patrons on the beach, but I am not sure if this is just for hotel residents or not.

Many of the beach colonies and hotels have restaurants that are right on the beach. These are tables with a view rather than taking the drinks directly to the beach as I assume you want.

Hope this gives you a few ideas.

I would also mention that you would probably enjoy the Swizzle Inn in St. George. The pitchers of the rum swizzles are deadly however delicious they may be. There is also a second Swizzle Inn on South Shore road near Elbow beach. We also had some drinks at the Henry 8th restaurant. They were delicious but powerful, two will definitely get you buzzed.

Thank you everyone so much! My friend actually told me about the little refreshment areas that sell beer and unfortunately, I'm def. not a big fan of beer. :( I heard great things about 9 beaches resort, maybe we'll check it out.... thanks again... and after reading the posts on these boards - The Swizzle Inn was #2 on my itinerary, after Horseshoe Bay of course... haha...

Thank you everyone so much! My friend actually told me about the little refreshment areas that sell beer and unfortunately, I'm def. not a big fan of beer. :( I heard great things about 9 beaches resort, maybe we'll check it out.... thanks again... and after reading the posts on these boards - The Swizzle Inn was #2 on my itinerary, after Horseshoe Bay of course... haha...

A little paper umbrella jutting out of a bottle of brew just doesn't look right (I know, I've tried it!! LOL). :d Sounds like your plans are coming together!

^ haha, very very true! I mean I'm so so excited for Bermuda, but is it to much to ask for to be able to enjoy fruity drink on a beach? I think not lol, I mean when booking this vacation I already had to give up my vision of me drinking a drink out of a coconut shell laying on thos comfy white cushiony lounge chairs on the beach... ;)

^^^^ Ahhhh they doooooooo!!! Yipeeeee!! My dream just may come true lol... I will def. post a pic when I get back of me @ Snorkel Park w/ a Froo Froo Drink :D

The Snorkel Park is a man made beach, not one of the beautiful, natural Bermuda pink sand beaches. I suggest going to Horseshoe in the morning and going to the Snorkel Park later in the day if you must have that drink on the beach.

^ thanks for the response... Does this snack bar only sell beer or "girly" drinks also - daiquri's, coloda's, mojito's??

It's my main goal to be lying on a beach in Bermuda drinking one of these drinks lol!

I think your best bet would be to go to Elbow beach and hit Mickey's the beachside resturant.

Yes, my dh and I were on the July 6th sailing of the Dawn. We only went to snorkel park this time. Enjoyed ourselves very much. Yes Hammerheads is a thatched roof bar on the beach with any kind of drinks. You can go up there in bathing suits or not and drink or whatever. I think it's kind of a thatched roof. HA!HA! What a memory. I did see some drinks in a coconut, but didn't have one of those.:)

If you go to Horse Shoe Bay there is a fence on the other side is the Fairmont Southampton Princess Beach. There is a path to the left of the tennis courts leading to a beach. There is a restaurant on the left of the path and if you walk across the beach you can get a burger and drinks at a beach snack bar. They have girly drinks there. Obviously you cannot charge to a room, but you can pay in cash and possibly by credit card and of course the beach is for hotel guests, but it is a short walk.

Laura

9 beaches looks like a private resort. I don't think you can just go down and camp out for the day.

I'm reasonably sure anyone can use the beaches at 9 beaches as long as you rent something or buy something from the restaurant or bar.

I haven't ever heard of a hotel restaurant in Bermuda that wouldn't allow the public to spend money there. I've eaten at 9 beaches and at Mickey's at elbow beach, both are on or near the beach. I've even used elbow beaches' showers and changing rooms without anyone questioning me.

I've also been hearing great things about 9 beaches... They actually have a 9 beaches excusion through NCL for $65 a person.... I think I'd rather just go on my own and save the $65 :)

Now yer startin' to talk like a cruise VETERAN! There you go!! :D

I've also been hearing great things about 9 beaches... They actually have a 9 beaches excusion through NCL for $65 a person.... I think I'd rather just go on my own and save the $65 :)

What do you get for your $65 besides transport there and back?

Archived