A few questions...

B6driver

My wife and I are in our late 20s/early 30s and are thinking of booking a Mediterranean cruise on the Oceania Insignia for our anniversary. Based on what I have read, it seems Oceania attracts and caters to cruisers in their 50s and 60s. With that in mind, can anybody tell me if we would be able to find other Gen-X cruisers on board? We have sailed Celebrity in Europe before, and despite being younger than most, had a great time and met some interesting people. We are just looking for a relaxed atmoshere where we can unwind, visit some beautiful sights and eat some good meals. Thanks in advance for the feedback!

We've only been on two Oceania cruises, so I'm not an expert, but we didn't see anyone your age on our cruise. You will, however, get the relaxed atmoshere, beautiful sights, and good meals you want. We found the passengers friendly and interesting, regardless of age.

We have seen a few younger cruisers on board.

As you already know O has a more mature client base.

If you don't mind mixing with us "old folks" it is a great line.

Depends on the cruise & things you like to do.

If it is port intensive you will be ready to relax in the evenings

We are early 60's & I can tell you, I am in bed long before some of the more mature cruisers:D

I just returned from a Mediterranean cruise on Insignia a couple of weeks ago, and I would guess that half the passengers looked under 50. Last year, on a summer Baltic cruise, I saw very few passengers that looked under 50. I have to admit that I was surprised to see such a different passenger mix this time.

On our Western Med cruise several years ago there were several couples in your age bracket. Our Panama Canal Cruise was definitely 50+ in age. I think the ports of call have something to do with the age range on the cruise.

As long as you want to visit beautiful sights and have a relaxed atmosphere, you will be happy with Oceania.

I'm 44 and DH is 57 and we like O quite a bit, our first O cruise was 2 years ago and we have another scheduled next spring. There were quite a few other couples on our last cruise that were younger than 50s-60s including a young newlywed couple and some of their relatives and a couple of families. A lot depends on what you are looking for in your cruise. If you want high energy entertainment then I would look elsewhere. If you like the more relaxed atmosphere and low key entertainment then O may be a good fit for you. We have a number of friends that are octogenarians and a number that in in their 20s and a wide range in between so the age range on a cruise really doesn't matter much to us. I think time of year, length of cruise and ports can make a difference in the demographics on board.

Archived