NorthWest and Midway email virus - do not open the email

gizmo

According to the news there is a nasty virus going around. The email says it is from North West and or Midway. The news said the email may referr to a boarding pass. If you open it you get a nasty virus.

I just found a new article on it. Looks like there more airlines than just NWA.

http://www.startribune.com/local/25898454.html

Hint: any decent email program (even Outlook which is hardly decent) offers the option to NOT open pictures an other binaries embedded in an email. Plain text can not hurt you. I strongly suggest everyone turn this option on. It is a 1-click process to open the stuff once you are comfortable with the real origin of the email.

Paul

The news said the email may referr to a boarding pass. If you open it you get a nasty virus.
I rather think that anyone who opens an attachment to an unexpected email that claims that the attachment is a boarding pass deserves whatever nasty they contract from it. How could one possibly think that an airline would just send a boarding pass by email?

I rather think that anyone who opens an attachment to an unexpected email that claims that the attachment is a boarding pass deserves whatever nasty they contract from it. How could one possibly think that an airline would just send a boarding pass by email?

And to add to that Midway airlines shut down right after 911!

Archived