3 adults in one cabin question...

Desiree D

Planning to book the Conquest again for Jan 2010. Would 3 adults be comfortable enough in a balcony cabin? Would you choose an ocean view for more space for 3? We are trying to decide to take my mom, and perhaps also my mother-in-law (in that case it would be two cabins, not one). Just need others opinions/experience, for the best price without being terribly uncomfortable (or claustrophobic).

Thanks much for any input, suggestions.

Desiree

My wife and I took her mom with us on a five day Elation cruise in 2005. I was relegated to the upper but that was fine. I was often the first to bed anyway so it worked out well as I was out of the way. We had an ocean view as only suites have balconies on a Fantasy class ship. It would have been nice to have the sitting area like on the Conquest but we were by no means crowded.

I think for most people the bathroom is the biggest issue. I usually rise before my wife and go to the jogging track for some exercise. With the three of us on this cruise I brought a bag with my toiletries and a change of clothing with me and showered in the gym after my exercises. This left the cabin free for my wife and her mom. The showers in the gym on the Conquest are really nice. They are private but much roomier than the cabin shower and they have multiple shower heads. It may be something for hubby to consider.

A balcony on Conquest the 3rd bed will be a convertible sofa if you are in a balcony for 3. You can just keep it made up as a bed if you wish. Its the sofa closest to the balcony door that is the sofa. They just take off the back pillows and take off the cover and voila its a bed.

If you get a quad then yes you might have a upper.

Actually we found it was cheaper to get 2 1A port hole cabins, then 1 balcony for 3 of us, by about $300. We got the port holes with the most s.f. and so both are about 220 s.f. and we can see out and lots of space to spread out. Our 3rd person is on a walker which takes up floor space and she leaves it in the way.

Planning to book the Conquest again for Jan 2010. Would 3 adults be comfortable enough in a balcony cabin? Would you choose an ocean view for more space for 3? We are trying to decide to take my mom, and perhaps also my mother-in-law (in that case it would be two cabins, not one). Just need others opinions/experience, for the best price without being terribly uncomfortable (or claustrophobic).

Thanks much for any input, suggestions.

Desiree

We have had 3 & 4 in an OV room before and it was comfortable. We unloaded the luggage and put the bags under the beds & in the closet (out of the way) Everyone had to keep their things picked up or it got cluttered.

Others will say that it is too crowded and not private enough. Me & DH always find alone time...even with others in the room. For some it may not be enough room but for us it is. ;)

We have never had a problem with three people in the cabin. It is the luggage that can create a challenge. It took me a couple cruises and a hint from a cruise critic member to realize the luggage can be stowed under the bed after you empty it out.

Archived