Pictures of Fantasy Docked in Mobile

Cruzman

The CCL Holiday has been sold.

CCL has not finalized contract. Plans are to move a Fantasy class ship into Mobile in Late 2009 (Nov or Dec). Nothing will happen until CCL Drean is put into service. Also watch for an announcement on New Orleans possible a 7-day Ship.

MSEm

I just hope we keep a Fantasy class ship here. The 4 and 5 day itineraries allow us to cruise much more frequently than a 7 day itinerary allows, and we HATE the traditional 7 day itinerary out of NOLA. Give me Progreso or Costa Maya ANY DAY over MoBay and Grand Cayman. I definitely have my fingers and toes crossed for two ships to sail out of NOLA, and another Fantasy class out of Mobile.

Maybe you can answer this question.

The decks to embark the ship are on different floors on the Holiday and the Fantasy, correct? If so, how were arrangements made to accomodate?

Just curious!:)

The decks to embark the ship are on different floors on the Holiday and the Fantasy, correct? If so, how were arrangements made to accomodate?

I don't know about Mobile, but all ports I've seen have adjustable height ramps to accommodate all sizes of ships.

I don't know about Mobile, but all ports I've seen have adjustable height ramps to accommodate all sizes of ships.

By the looks and sound of it, Mobile's does not, see where it meets the Fantasy, that is a passenger deck, no doors. It would be my guess that they disembarked from deck 2 as they do when at a foreign port. Mobile is supposed to be buying a new walkway that is adjustable though, cost of 3 million I read somewhere.

I just hope we keep a Fantasy class ship here. The 4 and 5 day itineraries allow us to cruise much more frequently than a 7 day itinerary allows, and we HATE the traditional 7 day itinerary out of NOLA. Give me Progreso or Costa Maya ANY DAY over MoBay and Grand Cayman. I definitely have my fingers and toes crossed for two ships to sail out of NOLA, and another Fantasy class out of Mobile.

My PVP told me another ship was coming into New Orleans. He said there will be 2 ships there, one to do the 4 and 5 day cruises and one for the 7 day cruises. I think you will get your wish!!! ;)

Fantasy is staying in New Orleans and another ship will be added next year for 7 day cruises.

You can see yet another unofficial announcement at the end of this video:

I just wish they would hurry up and make the official announcement. They must be holding out for something.

As you may notice from the picture, the existing ramp cannot be raised all the way to the height of Empress Deck (deck just above the red line. The city has a tentative contract with a firm that manufactures this kind of equipment. A new ramp reportedly will cost the city 3 million dollars.

Archived