Port Everglades to FLL

bouhunter

We're renting a car after our cruise and going to Key West for a few days:)

I assume Port Everglades is pretty close to FLL airport to pick up the car and a taxi is the best option, just wondered if there were any other suggestions (shuttles, etc.).

Thanks!

Yes FLL is very close to Port Everglades, but you would probably be better off to call the car rental place directly. I may be wrong, but I don't think the car rental places are directly in the airport at FLL. You should ask the rental place if they have a pick up at the port shuttle that you could use.

And if not, (from the map) it looks like it would be more direct to take the taxi right to the rental place, not the airport.

We took the budget rental free shuttle from port everglades to the FLL airport in March this year. Yes, the cars were right in the airport. We usually rent from Thrifty there but for whatever reason we found a way better rate at Budget. We waited about 10-15 minutes for the shuttle to arrive. Others gave up and took a taxi.

I asked the driver of the shuttle and she said it is rarely more than 15 min wait for the free shuttle.

We took the budget rental free shuttle from port everglades to the FLL airport in March this year. Yes, the cars were right in the airport. We usually rent from Thrifty there but for whatever reason we found a way better rate at Budget. We waited about 10-15 minutes for the shuttle to arrive. Others gave up and took a taxi.

I asked the driver of the shuttle and she said it is rarely more than 15 min wait for the free shuttle.

Where does the shuttle park? We never found it (but we weren't needing it) last time.

Where does the shuttle park? We never found it (but we weren't needing it) last time.

It was right outside the doors to the right. Between the taxi stand and the big coach buses. We had no problem finding it.

Archived