Toiletries on the Golden?

Cher7

We will be on the Golden at the end of October and I am wondering if anyone could tell me if the toiletries will be in bottles or in the cardboard containers. We will be in a balcony cabin.

Thanks in advance!!:)

We were on the Golden in May and they were in the cardboard containers. On the Diamond in Dec/Jan they were in the plastic bottles. Someone told us that Princess was transisitioning to the bottles but I don't how truth there is in that.

We were on the Golden in May and they were in the cardboard containers. On the Diamond in Dec/Jan they were in the plastic bottles. Someone told us that Princess was transisitioning to the bottles but I don't how truth there is in that.

Hi, I'm new to Princess and am sailing 1/21/09 on Golden to Hawaii. I've seen a lot of posts from you so I figure you're one of the experts! ;) when you say they are in cardboard containers, can you explain more? I mean, how much is in the container, enough for several weeks? I know this sounds kind of dumb but I've never seen toiletries in cardboard containers and really don't want to have to haul them from home if there's a good supply. Thanks so much for your help. :)

Sue

Just got off the Golden yesterday. We were in a mini-suite, so not sure if that makes a difference. Can't remember if mini's get upgraded toiletries. Anyway, we had little plastic bottles that are replaced every day. Eucalyptus, but I thought it stunk. Didn't make your hair stink, but stunk in the bottle. They give you shampoo, conditioner, bath gel & body lotion. If one had been even slightly used, it was replaced. So if you want to save the body lotions, put them in a drawer somewhere or they'll be gone & replaced with a new one. My parents are Elite members, and they had same as us, as well as a gel mask & loofa type thing. Might have been something else they had that we didn't but I can't remember.

Btw, if you want robes in your room and/or foam pads on your bed, don't rely on the cruise personalizer or a phone call to Princess. We thought we had both arranged ahead of time, but neither were done and we had to ask our Steward. It was immediately taken care of. My thought was - why bother arranging it ahead of time if they don't pay attention to it. Oh well.

Hi, I'm new to Princess and am sailing 1/21/09 on Golden to Hawaii. I've seen a lot of posts from you so I figure you're one of the experts! ;) when you say they are in cardboard containers, can you explain more? I mean, how much is in the container, enough for several weeks? I know this sounds kind of dumb but I've never seen toiletries in cardboard containers and really don't want to have to haul them from home if there's a good supply. Thanks so much for your help. :)

Sue

the carboard containers are small, usually I got two washes and two conditioners out of each one. The steward replenishes the supply daily so you never run out.

The only thing we do bring is a large bar of soap from home, the little ones they provide drive us crazy and seem to fall all the time.

Just got off the Golden yesterday. We were in a mini-suite, so not sure if that makes a difference. Can't remember if mini's get upgraded toiletries. Anyway, we had little plastic bottles that are replaced every day. Eucalyptus, but I thought it stunk. Didn't make your hair stink, but stunk in the bottle. They give you shampoo, conditioner, bath gel & body lotion. If one had been even slightly used, it was replaced. So if you want to save the body lotions, put them in a drawer somewhere or they'll be gone & replaced with a new one. My parents are Elite members, and they had same as us, as well as a gel mask & loofa type thing. Might have been something else they had that we didn't but I can't remember.

Btw, if you want robes in your room and/or foam pads on your bed, don't rely on the cruise personalizer or a phone call to Princess. We thought we had both arranged ahead of time, but neither were done and we had to ask our Steward. It was immediately taken care of. My thought was - why bother arranging it ahead of time if they don't pay attention to it. Oh well.

yes mini suites get the plastic ones and extra toilitries and a nice bath tub.

Elite members also get the added amenities...

I don't know about being an expert but the cardboard containers usually contain enough for about 2 days +/_ and will be continually replenished by your room steward and if not then just ask. The corner of the sachet just tears off, which can be a bit of challenge with wet hands in the shower while you are having an intimate experience with one of Princess's shower curtains but with perseverance you will over come.:rolleyes: The product is Princess's Lotus Spa which seems to be a pretty decent product in all respects, unless you have a special product that you prefer because of tinted hair or a skin condition then you need not bring anything from home.

funny? In Jan the Emerald had it in plastic, but on the diamond in May they were in carboard, so it looks like they switched back to carboard after being in plastic in Dec/Jan. And we were in a higher end cabin.

Each ship has its own inventory and the inventory isn't replaced until it runs out.

I was under the impression that eventually all of the cardboard containers would be phased out.

Each ship has its own inventory and the inventory isn't replaced until it runs out.

I was under the impression that eventually all of the cardboard containers would be phased out.

This what we were told by a room steward .... but who knows? Certainly the plastic bottles are much easier to deal with in the shower, however a challenge is always a good way to start your morning.;)

maybe some stewards still had carboard and were still handing it out in May...

Putterdude you had me laughing when you described opening the carboard containers in the shower... I have washed my mouth out with shampoo a couple of times trying to open them with my mouth, now I rip them open before I get in.

That is why when I get to book a mini suite I enjoy the tub with the containers and the less friendly shower curtain.

Thanks so much for all of your responses. Putterdude, I look forward to the "morning challenge"! :D Maybe by the time I sail, they'll have replaced the cardboard (I'm in a balcony so won't get bottles) but if not, I'll remember to open it before getting into the shower. ;)

We had the plastic bottles on the Royal this month. The steward did not replace them daily for us, but only as they ran out. A full set of new bottles appear on the second to last day, but I just set them aside and kept using the open bottles.

I did see the cardboard containers of the eucalyptus products on the counter in the spa, but in the shower were large pump bottles of the upgraded products.

Archived