If you transfer booking to a TA..

it doesn't sound bad at all. some people find value in their TAs by building relationships and others don't. obviously you are the latter. if you feel confident that you are going to get service you can count on enough to meet your needs after you transfer the booking that is all that really matters. some people think that $50, $75, $100+ above what other TAs offer isn't worth the effort. but you don't feel that way. depending on the trip sometimes i would agree with you and sometimes i wouldn't. i happen to like my TA and don't shop around at the moment. but if a significant obc difference was brought to my attention i may be tempted to do what you do.

:D:D

Really at this stage of booking cruises don't need any hand holding, once booking is transfered this late in the game nothing needs to be updated or changed.

Only thing I would need the agent for is to count down the 70 days with us until we cruise:p :p

I know it's not like that for everyone, newbies need more advice.

Jimbo:)

This is really a new thing for me (finding out all these ways to get some perks) and I have cruised many times.

Find out there is much I don't know. Keep the info flowing folks.

Anyway, I booked a 7 day at a cruise expo with the cruise agency I usually deal with. They were offering $100 off per cabin ( which I am now told was an incentive given by RCCL) I then discovered the coupon for this cruise for $125.00 per cabin. First I was told they could both be used and then the TA called and said she got an email saying they could not be combined. So, of course, I said to have them credit the higher one.

My question is the date of July 31, is that for booking or sailing? I know it is the 29th, so my mind says it is for booking, but, I thought I would ask, just in case I should push the TA to call them and use the date (7/31).

Also, the cruise is not until 2/09.

Thanks.

Marianne

Really :confused: I've never filled out any form.

Wonder if she is filling it out for me...lol. ;)

I could be wrong (Heaven knows it's already happened once this year :) ) but I don't think RCCL will accept a transfer without the transfer form filled out and faxed in.

Just an observation but on that transfer form there is a place for YOUR signature. If that transfer form is being filled out and faxed in and you're not signing it then someone else is signing your name.

This is really a new thing for me (finding out all these ways to get some perks) and I have cruised many times.

Find out there is much I don't know. Keep the info flowing folks.

Anyway, I booked a 7 day at a cruise expo with the cruise agency I usually deal with. They were offering $100 off per cabin ( which I am now told was an incentive given by RCCL) I then discovered the coupon for this cruise for $125.00 per cabin. First I was told they could both be used and then the TA called and said she got an email saying they could not be combined. So, of course, I said to have them credit the higher one.

My question is the date of July 31, is that for booking or sailing? I know it is the 29th, so my mind says it is for booking, but, I thought I would ask, just in case I should push the TA to call them and use the date (7/31).

Also, the cruise is not until 2/09.

Thanks.

Marianne

There are two different things available, one is a benefit .. one is an offer. You cant combine offers, but can coombine benefits with themselves and benefits with offers (I think). Im no expert here. Try doing a search, there has been a ton of posts about this.

Archived