European cruises late dining times

stipmom

I am about to book the Grand Princess for May 2009 The Princess Representative told me late seating is 8 p.m. That sounded kind of early. Most of the cruises I've been on have had late seating at 8:30 .Is 8p.m. correct? If so, I will stick to late seating but if it is 8:30 I might try anytime. Thanks

I am about to book the Grand Princess for May 2009 The Princess Representative told me late seating is 8 p.m. That sounded kind of early. Most of the cruises I've been on have had late seating at 8:30 .Is 8p.m. correct? If so, I will stick to late seating but if it is 8:30 I might try anytime. Thanks

Princess ships late seating range from 8pm to 8:30. :)

How is 8pm early and 8:30 is not??

Be aware that even if the seating is at 8 p.m. there may be some shifting depending on port times.

Obviously this was a different ship, but our late seating time was 8:15 p.m on our 16 day Classical Europe. We had our times shifted by 15 minutes to 8:30 on two evenings when we had 7 p.m. sailaway. On our St. Petersburg day where we were in port till 9 p.m. the dining room was open seating from 6 - 9 p.m. and a full dinner buffet offered till late as well (normally no full buffet at dinner, just the bistro on R class ships)

On our 25 day Crown european/baltic run our original late dining time was 8:15~~~after the 1st week the time mysteriously changed to 8:00~~in either case the late seating was a Godsend after humping all those cobblestoned streets all day and being really tuckered out. We really would have hated to be rushed to make a 6:00 seating:D :D

When I did my Baltics cruise on the Star, I was delighted to sit down for dinner at 8:15pm. Honestly, I didn't think it was too early at all. You could, of course, choose anytime dining and eat later.

Have a fabulous cruise.

Ideally ! would want to eat between 7:30 and 8 . If traditional dining really is 8 like Princess told me I would do that but if it is more like 8:30 I'd probably give anytime a try.

I just returned from my Crown Baltic cruise a couple of hours ago... :) Our late traditional seating was at 8:00PM. We didn't have any problem with that although there were a couple of very long days (1st day in St. Petersburg and our day in Berlin) where we were just too tired to get dressed and sit through a 2-hour dinner. For some reason, people were allowed to arrive in the dining room really late (sometimes 8:45 - 9PM, and I'm not talking about the Anytime diners seated near us) which really disrupted our service and made it very, very slow.

Archived