St. Petersburg Pie Shop

elpam

I have read so many accounts about eating lunch at the pie shop; is it a "must go" and can it be a quick stop? We are on a private DenRus tour and are eating at the Hermitage the first day. May skip lunch the second day in order to try to get time to go to the Yusopov Palace, which everyone has recommended. Thanks! Everyone has been so helpful.

There is a "Stolle" across from the Hermitage stables. They do have take out but they only accepted rubles...so be prepared. It was very good. The flavors were:

with meat

rabbit meat & mushroom

herring

with fish

with muchrooms

with green onion and egg

salmon

cabbage

apricot

applie with or without cinnamon

lemon

cranberry

cheese-cake

season's berry

I had the mushroom and DH had the lemon. Both were delicious. The more adventurous can try the herring or rabbit! They have 6 locations but the addresses are in Russian and I can't decipher. Some open at 8 am, so maybe you could get some on your way to Yusopov.

There is a "Stolle" across from the Hermitage stables. They do have take out but they only accepted rubles...so be prepared. It was very good. The flavors were:

with meat

rabbit meat & mushroom

herring

with fish

with muchrooms

with green onion and egg

salmon

cabbage

apricot

applie with or without cinnamon

lemon

cranberry

cheese-cake

season's berry

I had the mushroom and DH had the lemon. Both were delicious. The more adventurous can try the herring or rabbit! They have 6 locations but the addresses are in Russian and I can't decipher. Some open at 8 am, so maybe you could get some on your way to Yusopov.

My 14 year old and husband loved the rabbit and mushroom pie while I had the mushroom and they were very tasty pies. I don't think we spent more than a half an hour there, it was a quick tasty lunch.

Eileen

We also ate the pies at Stolle. We tried the meat pie, the beetroot soup and the apricot pies. They were all delicious! However, at the time we went there was quite a long line and it took us a good 30 minutes to just get our food. We did get a little delayed with this stop! But, it was worth the delay!

Lunch at Stolle pie shop followed by the Yusopov Palace worked perfectly for us on a private DenRus tour. Yusopov is in the city and seemed pretty close to the pie shop. The pie shop is very quick and only takes half an hour at the most. Our guide did tell us to have rubles to pay, so we got some from the Purser on the ship. It was not expensive.

Check out our review and pics at http://www.elite.net/~thehalls/baltic.html

Have a GREAT cruise!

Lunch at the Stolle place was possibly my favorite meal on the whole cruise. It was delicious and the place had very few tourists in it. Our Denrus guide paid in rubles and let us pay him back in dollars, as we hadn't exchanged any. The place we ate at the first day took credit cards. I had the salmon, DH had the mushroom, others in the family had meat and chicken. My sister had their beef stronganoff wich was outstanding. A couple of the men had apple pie for dessert, and if we had gone to the restroom earlier, we would all have had one of the yummy dessert pies (they were on a counter on the way to the LR).

Archived