Need advice booking flight????

Dpeeps

I am looking to book a flight for next march....27th,09...to be exact....to lauderdale...was looking at air tran....they seem to have the best fares right now out of Dayton Ohio. They have the "web special" prices available for the day we are wanting to fly down there but not for the return flight on the 4th of April....which is a saturday. I'm not sure if it is because it is a saturday or it is just because it is so far in advance. Am not sure what to do....go ahead and book it for the next higher price or wait and see if the "web special" price will come available for that day?? There are only a few of the next level prices right now also???? Help!! :eek:

I agree.....i have been keeping my eye on the prices....and thanx for the advice....i may just go ahead and get the tix for the flights down there and hold off on the flight back????? am not too sure how long i should wait tho??? Right now the price down are 139....and the flight back that we really want is 230!!! Yikes!

Are you flying in the day of the cruise or day before? My wife and daughter have not had good luck with Air Tran out of Dayton. We live in Cincy and they have flown Air Tran to DC and back and both times it was over an hour late; the reason I tell you this, if you book the same day as cruise I would book a real early flight so you arrive way before you sail.

Cheers

I agree.....i have been keeping my eye on the prices....and thanx for the advice....i may just go ahead and get the tix for the flights down there and hold off on the flight back????? am not too sure how long i should wait tho??? Right now the price down are 139....and the flight back that we really want is 230!!! Yikes!

You are bumping up against Spring Break/Easter, especially on the return (April 12, 2009).

$400 for a Spring Break/Easter trip to Florida is NOT out of the ballpark. Certainly higher than years gone by, but in today's market, a fair price.

IMHO, the chances of AirTran dropping the price on the return is slim and none.

I booked Air Tran out of Dayton for our cruise in November. I booked a few months back. I was in the same situation. About a week after I booked the price came down on the return flight home. Plus they added a flight. I have flown Air Tran in the past from Dayton to FLL and had good luck. We always fly in the morning the day before the flight. Carolyn

I would book the return flight too. April 4 is the 1st day of our school system's spring break (and I believe many other districts take this week before Easter off too) so I can't imagine flights during Easter/spring break to go down. Get it now while you can at a fairly decent price.

Well, you could just not book it at all and then next May look at what the price WAS and see how much you WOULD HAVE PAID.

BOOK IT NOW AND THEN STOP LOOKING AT PRICES!

Or you'll drive yourself into a mental ward.

Just my $0.02. <G>

Jim

Archived