What to bring in Nassau and Cococay...

Hi everyone! Hope today finds you all happy and well and looking forward to cruising. :p My first cruise is coming up fast (finally! :D) and I'm just wondering about a couple of things. What do you bring with you? What do you wear for clothing and shoes? I just want to make sure I have what I need and am comfortable but don't want to end up carrying too much around with me. Also, do you find a spot on the beach, set up and leave your stuff there? (When I say leave your stuff there I'm just talking about towels or a blanket, extra clothes, etc.) Any input would be appreciated, thank you.:)

For Coco Cay (which is a beach day) I wear a bathing suit and flip-flops (with a cover-up, of course!) I take a book, towels, lotion...that's about it! Everything there can be charged to your ship account, as it's part of the ship! yes, we find "our" spot, and leave our non-valuables there--no one will bother your book or towel. I wouldn't leave an expensive camera just sitting there, tho!

In Nassau--that will depend on what you're doing! I seldom get off at Nassau (not my favorite port), so I have the ship pretty much to myself! Lovely!

We were just on SOS. When you go to Coco Cay all you need is your swim suit and the beach towel they provide in your room. We also took camera, sunscreen and that is about it oh and your soda cup if you get one of those.

In nassua We went out on our own so just take a camera the less you bring the less you have to worry about.

I did forget to bring a beach bag for coco cay so I bought one in the shop on the boat works great to place all your things in.

Hope you have a great time. SOS is a great ship we had the best time. We personally had not one thing go wrong.

Thank you both! I will definitely heed your advice. :) Do they have bars on the beach at Cococay? If so, can they make a blue, tropical-looking drink? I've always wanted sit on a tropical beach with a blue drink. I've even joked about it at work...lol I'll have to have someone take a picture of me if I end up finding one so I can put it on my desk to remind me of my first cruise! :D I know, I'm tapped. :p The beaches in MA and RI just aren't blue drink material... :cool: :o

Sorry to budd in here :p but Xaphrie there is a bar in Cococay, and as cb and love said it is a a sea day where you can relax, jet ski, para sail kayak or swim for the day also buy souvenirs.

Nassau we went to swim with the Stingrays so we brought shorts over our swim suits and we had no need for anything extra other than the camera. Once back DW used the rest of the time to get her discounted message while I walked around on my own version of a "Bar Crawl" :D

Hi everyone! Hope today finds you all happy and well and looking forward to cruising. :p My first cruise is coming up fast (finally! :D) and I'm just wondering about a couple of things. What do you bring with you? What do you wear for clothing and shoes? I just want to make sure I have what I need and am comfortable but don't want to end up carrying too much around with me. Also, do you find a spot on the beach, set up and leave your stuff there? (When I say leave your stuff there I'm just talking about towels or a blanket, extra clothes, etc.) Any input would be appreciated, thank you.:)

For Coco Cay (which is a beach day) I wear a bathing suit and flip-flops (with a cover-up, of course!) I take a book, towels, lotion...that's about it! Everything there can be charged to your ship account, as it's part of the ship! yes, we find "our" spot, and leave our non-valuables there--no one will bother your book or towel. I wouldn't leave an expensive camera just sitting there, tho!

In Nassau--that will depend on what you're doing! I seldom get off at Nassau (not my favorite port), so I have the ship pretty much to myself! Lovely!

There is an exception to this. If you want to buy something in the "straw market" on Coco Cay, you must have cash. That's all they take.

Archived