Shore excursion document question

fdh0721

I will be in Cozumel and Progresso during my cruise and I was wondering what a solo cruiser does with his/her ID documents when swimming? Are there lockers to lock your stuff up, or do you just hope that no one takes your stuff? Thanks for any help!

I will be in Cozumel and Progresso during my cruise and I was wondering what a solo cruiser does with his/her ID documents when swimming? Are there lockers to lock your stuff up, or do you just hope that no one takes your stuff? Thanks for any help!

Good morning!!

I often sail solo on my cruises and I just love a beach day!! You can go by the gift shop and purchase a waterproof case. They run about $8. Just place the cord over your head and you are good. I use this for my id,sail and sign card and cash. I still use the one that was purchased in 2004.

As for my remaining items, I normally just take a towel, a few paperbacks and a small journal. I stay within viewing distance of my items. Also, I normally end up with people I met on board and ask them to keep an eye on it.

Now as for my camera, on the beach days, I only take my disposable camera. My more expensive camera is for regular tours.

Happy sailing!!

I have also heard of people inconspicuously burying their stuff under their chair/towel in a ziplock!:p

Get a swimsuit with a zippered pocket. I put my cash and cards in it, and the zipper closes it securely. I think this is better than a waterproof bag ...the bag is obvious to would-be thieves, plus having something hanging off of you in the water can be distracting. Often a zippered pocket on a swimsuit is "hidden", and even if it isn't, a bit of folded money and a card or two doesn't make a noticeable bulge, so no one knows you are carrying.

Once I got out of the water and immediately bought a souvenir ...I gave them my soaking wet money and we just laughed ...they were happy to get the money wet or not.

Taking a boat snorkel excursion is a good idea. I've done boat and shore, and the boat excursion was more secure; you can check your stuff before everyone gets off at the end of the excursion. And often the boat excursion includes a beach segment, and again, just leave your stuff on the boat (but leave your cards and cash in your zippered suit).

Also, check this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=15668427#post15668427

Good morning!!

I often sail solo on my cruises and I just love a beach day!! You can go by the gift shop and purchase a waterproof case. They run about $8. Just place the cord over your head and you are good. I use this for my id,sail and sign card and cash. I still use the one that was purchased in 2004.

As for my remaining items, I normally just take a towel, a few paperbacks and a small journal. I stay within viewing distance of my items. Also, I normally end up with people I met on board and ask them to keep an eye on it.

Now as for my camera, on the beach days, I only take my disposable camera. My more expensive camera is for regular tours.

Happy sailing!!

Hi,

I am so happy to hear this, I had no idea you could get this in gift shop. Can you swim with it, I mean does it fly around and choke you? :confused: I also sail solo or with people that don't like beach days or water :rolleyes: and normally just take towel, etc. that I don't care if I lose, but I've had a problem with the id, sail and sign card and cash. I ordered one from somewhere but it was really big, hard plastic and hard to manuver with in the water. Thanks so much for your tip! :D :D

Sue

I have never had a problem with any of my stuff when I have gone

to the beach.

I bring a beach bag (the cruiseline supplies them)...I put

my towel, a book, sunscreen, camera, etc...etc...etc...in it.

Guess I have been lucky, but the last couple of times I did

anything at the beach I ended up hanging out with folks

I met on board the ship.:)

I have been to Cozumel a few times and went to Paradise

Beach. I had a great time there but no, there are no lockers

at that beach. There are lots of chase lounges with umbrellas

and so there is usually a good spot to put your

stuff:)

Hi Ryan,:) I think you suggested the pocketed swimsuits on another

thread. After shopping for bathing suits for my entire life

(I am 50;) ) I cannot ever recall seeing pockets on women's

bathing suits.