Renaissance Harborside Vancouver?

gillianrose

Has anyone stayed at this hotel recently?

We like Marriott Hotels, but the Marriott we stayed at last year in Vancouver was not really near much (except for the hop on hop on bus which stopped there) and so I'd like to hear from folks who have stayed there recently or who live in the area and may have some comments (good and bad) about their stay there.

Thanks! :)

We like Marriott Hotels, but the Marriott we stayed at last year in Vancouver was not really near much (except for the hop on hop on bus which stopped there) and so I'd like to hear from folks who have stayed there recently or who live in the area and may have some comments (good and bad) about their stay there.

Thanks! :)

The Marriott Renaissance is a good property in a great location just blocks from Canada Place. You can walk to most of the citys attractions and a lot of very nice restaurants. The only question in my mind is either it or it's sister across the street, the Marriott Pinnacle, is undergoing renovations, so before making a reservation I would want to know which one it was.

It's been a couple of years since we stayed there, but we thought the location was great. Can't attest to the condition on the inside now, but it was good when we stayed there. Try the 'Jolly Taxpayer' pub a few blocks away.

Thanks, folks. It was the Marriott Pinnacle that we stayed at last time. It seemed to be in fine condition, was not told about and did not see any need for future renovations.

We just would prefer somewhere closer to a variety of restaurants, etc.

Thanks, folks. It was the Marriott Pinnacle that we stayed at last time. It seemed to be in fine condition, was not told about and did not see any need for future renovations.

We just would prefer somewhere closer to a variety of restaurants, etc.

Sounds like you are looking for different scenery. High end and close to Canada Place ..... Pan Pacific, Fairmonts Waterfront Hotel and the Tower at the Terminal City Club at great hotels. A little south of Canada Place on Burrard St. there is the Hyatt Regency where we have heard of some great pricing this season. There is Sutton Place Hotel on Burrard St about 8 blocks from CP and close to Robson St. Two boutique hotels to consider would be the Wedgewood and Le Soleil both on Hornby St. Then there is the Four Seasons at Pacific Centre on Hornby St as well.

Sounds like you are looking for different scenery. High end and close to Canada Place ..... Pan Pacific, Fairmonts Waterfront Hotel and the Tower at the Terminal City Club at great hotels. A little south of Canada Place on Burrard St. there is the Hyatt Regency where we have heard of some great pricing this season. There is Sutton Place Hotel on Burrard St about 8 blocks from CP and close to Robson St. Two boutique hotels to consider would be the Wedgewood and Le Soleil both on Hornby St. Then there is the Four Seasons at Pacific Centre on Hornby St as well.

Are any of those 100% smokefree, as the Marriotts are? We stay at smokefree hotels exclusively.

Sorry I can't help you with that question with any degree of certainty. The Province of British Columbia and the City of Vancouver is quite progressive re smoking legislation but to my knowledge it does not extend to hotels and hotel rooms unless done so voluntarily by the hotel. I would suggest that you may care to do your own due diligence on this subject.

According to the Marriott website all of there properties are smoke free - here's a link to the one that you are thinking of booking.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/yvrrd-renaissance-vancouver-hotel-harbourside/

I am also reasonably certain that all Westin hotels are now smoke-free.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

• 2 weeks later...
According to the Marriott website all of there properties are smoke free - here's a link to the one that you are thinking of booking.

Yes, I am well aware that all Marriott properties are smokefree. :) I was asking about the others mentioned,

"Pan Pacific, Fairmonts Waterfront Hotel and the Tower at the Terminal City Club at great hotels. A little south of Canada Place on Burrard St. there is the Hyatt Regency where we have heard of some great pricing this season. There is Sutton Place Hotel on Burrard St about 8 blocks from CP and close to Robson St. Two boutique hotels to consider would be the Wedgewood and Le Soleil both on Hornby St. Then there is the Four Seasons at Pacific Centre on Hornby St as well."

Which of those are entirely smokefree?

...We just would prefer somewhere closer to a variety of restaurants, etc.

Interesting, I thought walking from the Pinnnacle to just about anything was quite easy. You can find quite a bit of variety within a 5 block radius of the hotel.

Yes, I am well aware that all Marriott properties are smokefree. :) I was asking about the others mentioned,

"Pan Pacific, Fairmonts Waterfront Hotel and the Tower at the Terminal City Club at great hotels. A little south of Canada Place on Burrard St. there is the Hyatt Regency where we have heard of some great pricing this season. There is Sutton Place Hotel on Burrard St about 8 blocks from CP and close to Robson St. Two boutique hotels to consider would be the Wedgewood and Le Soleil both on Hornby St. Then there is the Four Seasons at Pacific Centre on Hornby St as well."

Which of those are entirely smokefree?

I would suggest phoning some of them on their 1-800 numbers and asking, I have no advice one way or the other.

• 3 weeks later...
All Westins in the U.S., Canada, Caribbean, Scotland, Australia and Fiji are advertised by Westin as smoke-free. I'll vouch for the Westin Grand in Vancouver - no smoke was seen or smelled anywhere.

Yes, I know. Isn't it wonderful? EVERY property owned by Marriott and Starwood have gone smoke-free. :)

Five blocks? Too far just to get something good to eat.

We all have different tolerances for walking. I enjoy walking and don't mind walking a 4-5 blocks. Also, please realize that my comment went beyond eating to also include shopping at the Pacific Center as well as up on Robson Street.

If you type the address of the hotel into google and search for nearby restaurants you will find a variety of restaurants within a block of the hotel. I would defer to a Vancouver resident to suggest which one(s) if any are "good."

Good luck!

It's been a couple of years since we stayed there, but we thought the location was great. Can't attest to the condition on the inside now, but it was good when we stayed there. Try the 'Jolly Taxpayer' pub a few blocks away.

Sadly, the Jolly Taxpayer has given way to more downtown development.

:(

. The only question in my mind is either it or it's sister across the street, the Marriott Pinnacle, is undergoing renovations, so before making a reservation I would want to know which one it was.

I was there at the beginning of August and it wasn't. Could have changed in the past few weeks though.

Archived