Do you think it is risky to book a cruise...

mytwokidsmom

Unless you own a time machine.....I think you missed your boat. LOL 2/15/08 has long been passed.

I think you meant 2/15/09, In that case, I believe it would be the best time to sail on the Sensation. She will be spruced up, sparkly clean and with new additions on board. You will be the first to enjoy them.

As for work being done while you are on board. Well you won't even notice the workmen they keep it very "Low Key" and won't alter your cruise experience.

Enjoy your cruise

...for one when she is 3 days out of a month long drydock?

Was considering the Sensation on 2/15/08--but will they still be finishing up work even after we've set sail?

No more early morning posts for me! At least not before having my tea!

We were on Inspiration the first cruise out of drydock last year. The Waterworks wasn't finished yet, so that whole area and the Funnel Deck were closed off. It didn't affect us in anyway, but this could happen with Sensation.

We did Rhapsody of the Seas a few weeks after dry dock, admittedly it was a different cruseline, but I heard the next 2 weeks were awful and tons of complaints. They tried to move a drink station in the buffet and spruce it up and didnt come close to finishing and they had the buffet closed for the first 6 days of the next cruise and everyone had to crowd into a much smaller room to eat the buffet. Also, some elevator/electrical and water problems which were not finished.

Most people avoid the week after dry dock because of so many unfinished problems. Sometimes you get lucky. As Clint Eastwood said, "Do you feel lucky?"

We were on Inspiration the first cruise out of drydock last year. The Waterworks wasn't finished yet' date=' so that whole area and the Funnel Deck were closed off. It didn't affect us in anyway, but this could happen with Sensation.[/quote']

Inspiration was the first ship to get Evolution of Fun, so its understandable why there was a hiccup. I dont remember hearing the same thing with Imagination. Im sure they have all the kinks worked out.

Unless you own a time machine.....I think you missed your boat. LOL 2/15/08 has long been passed.

I think you meant 2/15/09, In that case, I believe it would be the best time to sail on the Sensation. She will be spruced up, sparkly clean and with new additions on board. You will be the first to enjoy them.

As for work being done while you are on board. Well you won't even notice the workmen they keep it very "Low Key" and won't alter your cruise experience.

Enjoy your cruise

unless they are doing door locks on the deck above your cabin, then there is no quiet from 8 am - 5 pm... But that is all done now. That is what was going on on 2/15/08. I was there. bugged me to death.

Archived