Need Hotel Help in FLL

DEERINH2O

We are going to stay in FLL on Nov 29th. We would like to find a hotel that will pick us up at the port (or close for a taxi) and take us to the hotel, then the next day have a shuttle to the airport.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Give priceline a try. Before you try it, read these two web sites: http://www.biddingforfun.com and http://www.biddingfortravel.com these explain how priceline works. I bid 3 * downtown Ft. Lauderdale, $75, my bid was accepted by the Marriott Hotel and Marina. They do not have a shuttle from the airport to the hotel, but the hotel is only about 2 miles or so from the airport. They do, however, have a shuttle from the hotel to the pier, but sign up for it early as I hear it fills up quickly. If the time is filled up, just take a cab, the pier is close to the hotel, as a matter of fact you can see the ships from the hotel.

If you don't want to try priceline, give this web site a try for the Amerisuites: http://www.valuetrips.com

Hope this has helped, good luck.

Hi...Doone gave you some great advice:) ....there are lots of hotels near the port.....Embassy Suites, Amerisuites, the Marriott she mentioned too...also Hyatt Pier 66....and others a well.

Hi Doone:D

Hey Lois. I was always so leary about trying priceline, but finally did and now I am hooked on it. I also understand others being leary about it, but do give it a try, if you get your bid accepted, its well worth it and its only for one night, what the heck.

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express very close to the port (hotel website says it is one-tenth of a mile away) for a cruise leaving next weekend. They have free shuttle service to/from the airport and to/from the port, although you have to tell them ahead of time to pick you up. Continental breakfast is included too.

We had a hard time finding a room cheap because of a big boat show the weekend our cruise leaves. We are paying $161 plus tax, but that is because of the demand for that weekend. Many other hotels were completely booked or selling rooms for $300+ per night. I can't imagine that a room in November, on a Monday night, would be anywhere near that much.

Holiday Inn Express

FT. LAUDERDALE-CONV CTR

1500 South East 17th Street

FORT LAUDERDALE, FL 33316

UNITED STATES

1-954-728-2577

We are staying at La Quinta,Fort Lauderdale Airport. They have free shuttle service from airport and free shuttle service to hotel and free breakfast. Got it through Priceline for $42 a night for next April.It is 2star,Fort Lauderdale Airport.I think only that hotel or Summerfield Suites are 2star and I hear they are both nice.

Archived