Water proof s & s card holder

alwaysmomof1

The last cruise I took we bought a water proof credit card and cash holder that looked like a small ziploc baggie. Does anyone know where I could find one? They hold your cash, credit card and s & s card. I looked at Walmart (sporting good dept., jewelry dept.) :confused:

They are usually at walmart. :confused:

We always get some at the PX (at our Army post)

Also, you can buy them onboard. THey also have the "safes". I am sure you have saw them, they are on a string and look like a small plastic box that snaps close. They are waterproof and great if you are going to the beach.

I think I got mine at REI.

Yes. Here it is. Very cheap and works well. I put out 2 passports face-to-face so nothing shows except the plain back covers, slide cash and credit card down in between so they don't show.

I put the latch from a lanyard through the hole at the top, and loop the lanyard around my tote bag or purse handle, then stuff the holder down in the bag.

Haven't taken it in the water, but did check it out prior to cruising to ensure it was waterproof. It was.

http://www.rei.com/product/492963

Folding option...

http://www.rei.com/product/492598

Other options...

http://www.rei.com/search?search=waterproof&sortby=Price%3A+Low+-+High&cat=4500274&hist=query%2Cwaterproof%5Ecat%2C4500274%3APaddling+Bags+and+Packs

Last time I looked for that kind of thing, they had them at Academy Sports & Outdoors. I prefer the plastic water safe, though, that you wear around your neck. They sell them in the ship's gift shop and are perfect size for money, cards, etc.

The last cruise I took we bought a water proof credit card and cash holder that looked like a small ziploc baggie. Does anyone know where I could find one? They hold your cash, credit card and s & s card. I looked at Walmart (sporting good dept., jewelry dept.) :confused:

We got ours at Dick's Sporting Goods. But you DO have to ask where they are because it's usually not logical. We found ours in the fishing section.

Yep. I stood around REI (it was early December and I think I must've been the only person not Christmas shopping. Either that or no one would help me because I wasn't wearning flannel and hiking boots! :p ).

I looked through all the camping area. I looked through all the other bags and tents and everything thing else.

I finally found them over where the canoes and kayaks were hanging from the ceiling. I also bought a case for a small digital camera but haven't had the nerve to try any underwater photos. Really would hate to ruin the camera! But I'm saving all the little moisture-absorbing packets to take with me. Will also give it another test run to be sure I know how to seal it and use the camera while in the bag.

Ebay...I just bought two the other day for $1.50 each. They are CC/S&S card size. I had identical ones on the last cruise and they worked great as they have the ziplock style closure at the top.

Just search for "Cruise ID Lanyard Pouch Travel Document Set".

18_1_b.JPG

I wanted one large enough to hold our passports, though. That looks really small.

It is credit card size which is perfect for me because I do not carry my passport around....it stays in the safe. I only use the lanyards for S&S, a credit card and a few bills when in port.

Yep. I stood around REI (it was early December and I think I must've been the only person not Christmas shopping. Either that or no one would help me because I wasn't wearning flannel and hiking boots! :p ).

I looked through all the camping area. I looked through all the other bags and tents and everything thing else.

I finally found them over where the canoes and kayaks were hanging from the ceiling. I also bought a case for a small digital camera but haven't had the nerve to try any underwater photos. Really would hate to ruin the camera! But I'm saving all the little moisture-absorbing packets to take with me. Will also give it another test run to be sure I know how to seal it and use the camera while in the bag.

Stuff the camera holder with paper towels and dunk it in the sink or tub full of water. Give it a real work out by pretending you are pushing camera buttons and diving in the water.

When you pull it out, dry off the outside and then open it up. You'll know right away if it leaked.

The little moisture packets are probably all used up by now. They only absorb so much, and it is usually just enough to get the product to the store.

Best wishes!

We bought our "AquaPac" water wallets through eBags.

http://www.ebags.com/search/index.cfm?fuseaction=searching&brandid=10081&categoryid=39590&end_keywords=aquapac

Great price, fast shipping, no leaks, even snorkeling to 25 feet.

An alternative to the above is to put everything of value in a ziplock. Discreetly bury it in the sand at the foot of your chair. Place a bag or chair over everything.

MexicoBob

What a great idea! I would have never thought of it. I already ordered some S & S cash ziploc's bags, but this would have worked really well too.

Ebay...I just bought two the other day for $1.50 each. They are CC/S&S card size. I had identical ones on the last cruise and they worked great as they have the ziplock style closure at the top.

Just search for "Cruise ID Lanyard Pouch Travel Document Set".

18_1_b.JPG

just got 2

Archived