What about Breakfast?

ChrisB123

mmm, breakfast! I *love* breakfast foods, we even have 'breakfast for dinner' sometimes at home. I was embarrassingly excited to find out that I'll be able to get omelets 24 hours a day on our upcoming NCL cruise =)

Our very first cruise, we managed to miss breakfast in the dining room, but have made a point of it each cruise since then. The eggs are good, the meats *much* better than in the buffet, and I rather like being served my breakfast. Unfortunately, my favorite breakfast item (corned beef hash) as well as my husband's (eggs benedict) have been disappointments on every single cruise we've been on. The corned beef hash is always too greasy (and I like the canned stuff!) and the hollendaise sauce on his eggs has been cooked into a plasticy layer. We keep trying, though =P

Seriously, give a try to both - the buffet has the main benefit of allowing you to take a whole plateful of anything that appeals to you. I think I ate a whole honeydew for breakfast one trip.

We generally go to the dining room for breakfast unless we are in a hurry to meet an excursion. It has been our experience that the pancakes/waffles/french toast is cold at the buffet. The meats seem to be cooked better in the dining room & the "bread" type entrees are warm.

Towanda

On HAL -- since we are in a Delux suite, we have the use of the Pinnacle for breakfast -- the menu is the same as that for the dining room. Love the idea that everything is made special and to order.

The "warmers" on HAL ships in the Lido just do not keep anything warm -- JMO.

On days when we have an early tour -- we just grab a continental breakfast in the Neptune Lounge -- private for Suite guests.

• 4 weeks later...

I prefer the dining room for breakfast also. I was in a deluxe suite for my last cruise on HAL (Upgraded!!) and loved dining in the Pinnacle Grill for breakfast. Had the special every day and loved them. I much prefer to sit and be waited on instead of fighting lines. Very relaxing. DH is a eggs benedict fan and HAL does a great job on them.

On other cruises we have eaten in the dining room. We usually sat with different people each day and enjoyed the variety of company.

I prefer the dining room for breakfast also. I was in a deluxe suite for my last cruise on HAL (Upgraded!!) and loved dining in the Pinnacle Grill for breakfast. Had the special every day and loved them. I much prefer to sit and be waited on instead of fighting lines. Very relaxing. DH is a eggs benedict fan and HAL does a great job on them.

On other cruises we have eaten in the dining room. We usually sat with different people each day and enjoyed the variety of company.

Since we always book Delux suites on HAL -- we eat at the Pinnacle (or King's Room on some ships) quite a bit.

I love it now that HAL offers the daily specials in the Pinnacle and dining room and not just only in the Lido.

HAL started a dedicated Eggs Benedict section on all ships in the Lido only where there are 6 - 8 different types every day.

we always got either room service or went to the buffet for breakfast. I think on the Dawn Princess, the dining room closed at 9am ( for breakfast)which was too early for us to eat there, we did eat in the dining room on most nights though, I do also prefer being served. whatever you like best, is best for you :)

We have only had breakfast in the dining room a couple of times. We also prefere the buffet! That way you can sample a little bit of everything (there goes my diet)! The dining room seems to take way too long! Especially if you are getting to your port fairly early in the morning, we like to get breakfast over with a little faster so that we can go do our "thing" at the ports.

Archived