PG Cat-B vs. Cat-C

Meow. Please forgive ol' Ragnar, but forum search is down again, so he can't look up this topic.

We seem to have overcome the stray dog issue in FP (research, planning donations, etc.), so a PG trip is back in the plan :D

In looking at the cabins, we like the look and size of the Cat-B cabins (Ragnar and his better half are very tall, large people...). However, they appear to be right under the "sundeck" and bar, etc. We are a bit sensitive to nighttime and early morning noise, so would a Cat-C cabin, a little forward, be a better choice?

Thanks!

Rag

Rag, the bar will not be open in the morning and I doubt you will hear any noise from the sundeck either at that time so I wouldn't worry about the location at all as for night time I've never heard anyone complain about the noise on the above deck either. Yes, the band plays around the pool on certain nights but it's always over at a decent hour so unless you go to bed at 9:00 p.m. you should be fine.

Pat

Interesting about the bar up there, I wonder why it is little used? Wind maybe? That may be a good place for the crew to keep ol' Ragnar occupied, and away from the other guests...

Ol' Ragnar just checked his frequent flyer miles and has just enough for two business class seats to Tahiti :D Now if I can only get free seats and a cabin on PG on the same dates....

We had a category B cabin in May on the PG and loved it. The extra space in the cabin, the larger balcony, and the butler service were all very nice. Our cabin (813) was extremely quiet. And, we liked being on Deck 8 by the pool deck which we used a lot. Also, our cabin had an iPod docking station/player, which we used all the time and really enjoyed. I don't know if the C's or lower categories have this. I'm sure the category C cabins are nice as well, but category B is fun if you'd like to splurge a bit.

Archived