First time in Barcelona

We will be going on our first European cruise(Voyager of the Seas) in Sept. 09.We plan to spend 2 nights before the cruise and 1 night after. Does anybody have any ideas as to a hotel we should consider. We don't have a TA, and plan to do the bookings ourselves. Any suggestions would be appreciated..Thanks

We are on the Voyager on the 27th of September. I have friends who have stayed at the Hotel Continental Palacete and loved it. It is an old converted palace. The price that we are paying is $127.00 Euro and that includes breakfast, beer, wine and all other drinks all day. We understand that the rooms are pink but don't really care. There is a nice gathering room with balconies overlooking the street for people watching. You can book on line. Also we are taking the HOHO buses for tours, hop and off. Enjoy your vacation.

Nancy

My family and I will be there in October, and what I did and recommend is using www.tripadvisor.com. Since prices vary greatly, as in any major city, this will allow you to look for a hotel based on what you are comfortable with (budget and location). Another great perk is that trip advisor ranks the hotels based on reviews and you will be able to read reviews of people who have recently stayed there.

I'm planning to stay at the Hotel Pultizer, which is conveniently located. I would also suggest booking your hotel online via hotel.com. I saved $600 by booking through them vs. directly with the hotel.

Good luck!

Hello Referee

Finding a good hotel in Barcelona should be no problem.

Depends where you want to stay.

i've stayed three times in hotels in Barcelona, each time near the main train station (San Estaçion), which is not into the old part of town, though. But public transport is very good.

I've booked through online 'hotel reservation agencies' (they are so many on the web..).

Also, Trip advisor is good for finding advice from travellers and there's a link that gives you online booking agencies ! really helpful.

Last year, we stayed at the EXPO (4-star) and paid 99 euros (for a twin bedded room, included breakfast) at the end of july (a bargain!).

This year, in June, before our cruise on BOTS, we stayed one night... and prices were more expensive. I nevertheless found a very good offer for the ABBA Hotel (near San estacio, not the one downtow), 4-star too, for 120 Euros (twin bedded room, and breakfast). It's a more recent hotel than the Expo, and is nicer (smaller room, but better amenities, like proper A/C, very good noise insulation).

I suppose downtown hotels are more expensive than those that are not into the very heart of the city.

I spent a lot of time on the net looking for the hotel in June, and each site has a different price! Some have no rooms available whereas some have! Make sure breakfast is included (or not!) as well as taxes.

If you make an on-line booking, make sure your room is really booked.

Hope this help.

have a great time in Barcelona, there's so much to do there!

Jacques O, Paris.

We have always favored the Hotel Colon because of its near perfect location and reasonable prices. But, much depends on your budget. You can find hotels for under $150 a night, and you can also find hotels for over $500 a night. Personally, at any price, we prefer to be in the vicinity of the Ramblas or Gothic Quarter (Hotel Colon) because of its central location.

Hank

We stayed at the Hotel Continental Palacete (as do many other CCer's after recommendations on here). It is relatively cheap, clean and the staff are really helpful, though its very pink!! There is a free 24hr buffet, which you could live off, but probably won't! Bottled water, sodas, wine and beer are included free as well.

http://www.hotelcontinental.com/

As you can appreciate, there are 100's of other hotels in Bcn, so here is a site with loads on.

http://www.ramblahotels.com/?346655624,11497941

I wouldn't recommend you book through this site, but fire off an e mail to the hotel concerned and see what they can do for you.

Simon

Archived