Amtrak question - how to get from the train to the ship?

We are thinking of catching the Amtrak train from Seattle to Vancouver on the morning of our cruise. We are sailing with HAL, can anybody tell me where the ship is docked, how long does it take to get there from Vancouver station and what is the easiest/quickest way of getting there?

I am unsure if HAL is at Canada Place. I can tell you that in May, we took the train from Seattle to Vancouver, got a cab at the train station, and were at the Princess dock at Canada Place in less than 15 minutes. Seems to me that it cost us around $12.00 with tips. The only thing I would mention is that you want to get out to the cabs quickly when you get off the train, people were lined up. Also take into consideration how many people are in your group. Some of those cabs are smaller, limiting how much luggage can fit in the trunk, you might have to wait longer if you have lots of luggage.

HAL goes from Canada Place so take a cab from the station to the dock it will be a 10 or 15 minute ride depending on traffic......

You could take the public transit sytem called the Skytrain for $2.50 each but with luggage it would be a real hassle.... The Skytrain station i accross the park & street from the Train station and you would ride the Skytrain to the end of the line (Water Front Station) which is 4 stations away... the dock is right beside the Water Front station.

When we cruise from home (Vancouver) we have used the Skytrain to get to the dock that way our neighour only has to drive us to the southern end of the Skytrain line.....Yes and we have pulled all our suitcases right along behind us onto the Skytrain and then off and up to the dock and waiting porters!

SkyTrain will work very well and yes all of HAL's ships are departing from Canada Place this season. The thing to bear in mind is that you need to transport your luggage from the train station to the SkyTrain station and the distance is about equivelant to 3/4 of a city block. Also the fare of $2.50 is in Canadian funds....there is an ATM in side of the train station. Should you choose to use a cab the fare will be about $15.

Hi,:) How far is the train station to Balleyntine?

I am sailing on Celebrity next month. I love Canada Place

but Mercury is docking at Ballenytine.

And how much would cabfare be?

Archived