Crowned Elite - perks

lake5298

Choose your favourite perks  

741 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your favourite perks

• Unlimited free internet (in internet cafe)
    • Free wifi internet (but limited)
    • Concierge desk
    • Priority tender on return to the ship
    • More on board credit
    • 10% off all drinks (like boutique discount)
    • A free bottle of wine with dinner on formal night
    • Meet & greet the stars after the show
    • Priority baggage handling when boarding
    • Enhanced room service menu
    • Room service breakfast on disembarkation day
    • Priority seating for Personal Choice dining room
    • Free sanctuary passes
    • Priority St Thomas Immigration "queuejumper"

Well, you get pretty close to unlimited free Internet so a completely unlimited free Internet wouldn't be much of an additional perk. Even on my 31-day Sapphire cruise, I had enough free minutes to check and answer email. On my recent Baltic cruise, I had almost 200 minutes left over unused. I don't do a lot of looking at websites which takes time to load and could use up your minutes more quickly. Also, wi-fi is included in your free Internet for most ships now so again, that's not an additional perk.

More onboard credit is always welcome; free bottle of wine would, for me, be a non-starter as I don't drink wine. I'd much rather have dinner for two in a Specialty restaurant.

Meet & greet the stars doesn't do much for me because: a) there are very few real "stars"; and b) if we go to a show, it's the late show so that staying up until 11:30 to meet a no-name doesn't have much appeal to me.

Priority tender return to the ship would be nice as would a Concierge just for Elite. But doesn't the Captain's Circle Rep essentially do what a Concierge does?

Since I haven't been to St. Thomas in years and I doubt I'll go back, that's also, to me, a non-starter. Most Elite passengers take more interesting cruises than the (yawn) Eastern/Western Caribbean.

Well, you get pretty close to unlimited free Internet so a completely unlimited free Internet wouldn't be much of an additional perk. Even on my 31-day Sapphire cruise, I had enough free minutes to check and answer email. On my recent Baltic cruise, I had almost 200 minutes left over unused. I don't do a lot of looking at websites which takes time to load and could use up your minutes more quickly. Also, wi-fi is included in your free Internet for most ships now so again, that's not an additional perk.

More onboard credit is always welcome; free bottle of wine would, for me, be a non-starter as I don't drink wine. I'd much rather have dinner for two in a Specialty restaurant.

Meet & greet the stars doesn't do much for me because: a) there are very few real "stars"; and b) if we go to a show, it's the late show so that staying up until 11:30 to meet a no-name doesn't have much appeal to me.

Priority tender return to the ship would be nice as would a Concierge just for Elite. But doesn't the Captain's Circle Rep essentially do what a Concierge does?

Since I haven't been to St. Thomas in years and I doubt I'll go back, that's also, to me, a non-starter. Most Elite passengers take more interesting cruises than the (yawn) Eastern/Western Caribbean.

If you lived in Northwern Michigan the "YAWN" Caribbean cruises in warm weather in February would not be so "YAWNISH" - They are priced right and not too far away for a mid winter respite. We don't even disembark at the ports anymore. We can't all afford to live in California.

Ron

If you lived in Northwern Michigan the "YAWN" Caribbean cruises in warm weather in February would not be so "YAWNISH" - They are priced right and not too far away for a mid winter respite. We don't even disembark at the ports anymore. We can't all afford to live in California.
Understood. I lived in MA for over 35 years and my daughter lives in way northern NH, north of Franconia Notch, so I am very familiar with the "Montreal Express" and know all about wanting/needing to get away during the winter.

Here's my wish list from the other thread.

Hmmm. Ok, since we're dreaming here goes:

White Card signifies Super Elite which begins at 25 cruises/250 days.

Dining voucher for one of the speciality restaurants.

Preferred dining times.

Free use of Sanctuary.

10% discount in the shops extended to photo purchases.

Free airport transfers - not big bus transfers - but mini van transfers.

No hassle/no questions dining room lunch on embarkation day (just show your card).

what is Crowned Elite ???

Joyce,

We're dreaming here - it's a Cruise Critic member "proposal" for a Captain Circle level above Elite.

While we're dreaming - I think it should be referred to as Diamond Level ;)

I had suggested a few years back to have another level and the card could either be pearl white card or red (Ruby) or green (Enerald).

I think the next level should be set VERY high for those of us who are dedciated to Princess and only cruise with them.

Ron

And if you lived in the UK the Caribbean cruises are also something to look forward to during the cold winter.

We try to do the Caribbean every November (Anniversary & Wife's birthday) & March (my birthday).

That's our dose of sunshine to get us through.

I think the next level should be set VERY high for those of us who are dedciated to Princess and only cruise with them.

I think the next level should be set to just about where I am already (23) then I get all the perks!

I'd add a shore excursion related benefit of some kind - one free of a set value, discount on all, special 'super-elite' only excursions - something on that line.

I think a 'bundle' of options like coffee card, soda card, 2nd bar set up, free spa treatment, access to sanctuary, etc. - of which you can pick one or two would be nice, too. That would allow some choices for folks who don't partake of one or another of the 'add-ons'.

I like the notion of free guaranteed upgrades like Pia described (here or on the other 'super elite thread) but I think that is very unlikely. Maybe a substantial cruise discount credit (as opposed to on board credit) so that you could book a higher category to begin with would work better.

Sure do hope someone from Princess Marketing checks out this website!:D

I think a bundle of options would be great as well, since while I think most of us are quite fond of most of the benefits of elite status, we may differ on what else would be of the most value.

I suppose they could simplify that and just boost the OBC so that we receive, in effect, a few free passes to Sanctuary, more internet time, or the coffee card, etc., but ARE YOU READING THIS PRINCESS?????

What I would really love would be an enhanced room service menu, such as the ability to order dinner from the dining room menu during regular dining room hours (without booking a suite).:D

I really like this; gives me something more to shoot for! I think OBC would be the most universal -- you could do with it as you wish (Sanctuary, bar, specialty restaurant, shore excursion, spa, whatever....)

Now, since we're dreaming, how about better deals for solo cruisers, Princess? :)

I think a bundle of options would be great as well, since while I think most of us are quite fond of most of the benefits of elite status, we may differ on what else would be of the most value.

I suppose they could simplify that and just boost the OBC so that we receive, in effect, a few free passes to Sanctuary, more internet time, or the coffee card, etc., but ARE YOU READING THIS PRINCESS?????

What I would really love would be an enhanced room service menu, such as the ability to order dinner from the dining room menu during regular dining room hours (without booking a suite).:D

You've got my vote too!

As an aside I really do think if there are two Elite passengers in a cabin the bar set-up ought to be times 2. I reached Elite before DH so I know that with just one Elite passenger the bar set-up is the same as with two. Just doesn't seem quite fair. :(

Oh boy, will I third that recommendation. It is the one thing I really miss when sailing Princess. Especially on those port intensive itinearys.

But if you could include breakfast (for those same port mornings when the HC is so overcrowded you can barely find a seat). Breakfast in the stateroom would also cut those crowds down to a manageable number.

See, an expanded room service menu, even just for breakfast would help Princess out by cutting down the crowds, and make many of us smile HUGE! :D :D

Ron

I wasn't aware there was a minimum income required in order to live in California. These boards are so educational...

Now, since we're dreaming, how about better deals for solo cruisers, Princess? :)

Oh, yeah, baby!!! By the time one gets to that level, one has spent thousands of dollars on those stupid single supplements. Knocking them down to a token level would definitely be a perk worth having.

I noticed that you have mostly cruised Princess, but one of the perks you

described is readily available on HAL. You can order from the regular

dinner menu, including formal nite, in your stateroom and you can order

breakfast in your room on disembarkation day. We are taking our first

Princess cruise in 15 yrs next spring and I hope we are not disappointed

as our last couple of cruises have been on HAL.

I noticed that you have mostly cruised Princess, but one of the perks you

described is readily available on HAL. You can order from the regular

dinner menu, including formal nite, in your stateroom and you can order

breakfast in your room on disembarkation day. We are taking our first

Princess cruise in 15 yrs next spring and I hope we are not disappointed

as our last couple of cruises have been on HAL.

To answer your actual question 'Is Princess lacking'? The room service, compared to other cruise lines, is the main complaint we have with Princess. Other than that, we totally enjoy Princess ships and the past guest benefits can't be beat by any other cruise line.

These are just my ideas, but there weren't too many things that jumped out at me as "I gotta have that."

Things I'd like:

complimentary corkage, priority upgrades (if one is available, you are first on the list to receive it, priority reservations in specialty restaurants, upgraded amenities in cabin.

thats all I can think of for now...but I'm miles away from that type of upgrade but its nice to dream.

Since I'm almost Elite, I may as well offer my desires "Crowned Elite" as well,lol.

1. Most importantly, I would LOVE to have access to the main menus for room service. This one perk would satisfy me completely.
  2. Waive the "corkage" fee. I don't actually drink, but whould help my travel companions.
  3. DVD players/library in-room package.
  4. Use of the "Sactuary" and "Thermal Suite" would be nice.
  5. Drop the $75 extra fee for flying in early.

Archived