Passenger M-F Ratio

lsbauer

We just received our final documents for our September 1st GCT Romance of the Rhine and Mosel cruise with an included passenger list. I was surprised to see that there are only 39 men out of 122 passengers. I expected that there would be more women than men but didn't think the numbers would be so lopsided. Is this "normal" for a European River Cruise?

Larry

That ratio surprises me too. On our Avalon cruise last summer it was much more equal. More like the 55% to 45% numbers listed above.It is true that it is much more likely to see women traveling with other women rather than men traveling with other men.

I'm very surprised they gave out a passenger list. In today's world I would think that's a big no-no. Many people don't want their name on a public list.

To answer your initial question, on our two Viking cruises I would guess the ratio to be close to 50:50, mostly couples (a few gay couples).

The list was bound in a booklet with our final documents. It contained only names with town and state. I'm usually pretty protective of private information but this didn't bother me. Everybody on this board know I'm going on this cruise so I don't see a problem with the other passengers knowing. :-)

Based on everyone's replies, my best guess is that there is some sort of woman's group on this trip. I'l know soon.

Larry

donfromnc, most of us do not need a special designation for "gay couples".

They are just couples like the rest of us!:(

Sorry if I offended anyone, there was no negative inference intended. What I meant was that if a person looked at a passenger list on the trips I've been on (and there was no list available -- I asked for one) it would appear that there were some men traveling alone; but they were attached. Might be a disappointment for some young lady who is hoping to find "Prince Charming" on her cruise. She'd better stick to a Caribbean cruise.

Archived